£60,000 plus highly commercial package
Leading developer and manufacturer of natural products and flavourings into the Healthcare, Cosmetic and Food sectors.
Recent growth has seen the need to appoint a Business Development Manager to generate sales aligned to the growth of the Company through the development of strong, long term relationships with target customers.
Primary objectives will be to meet annual sales and margin targets within budget constraints. Generates a pipeline of new business leads and move forward to contract status and sales in line with strategic plan. Longer term project programmes measured through prospective revenues and margin
- Generates and qualifies sales leads/enquiries.
- Maintains and grows sales with a portfolio of selected customers.
- Supports the head of business development in the production of annual sales budget in line with Group requirements
- Takes a role in the development of the longer term Company growth strategy
- Plans, schedules and executes an agreed sales plan.
- Produce a monthly sales report and provision of relevant commentary
Skills, Competencies and Education
- Data driven analytical decision making
- Sales and Business Development professional.
- Commercially aware and astute.
- Sound experience in generating budgets and implementing sales plans.
- Customer focused with a passion for service excellence.
- Proven ability to hit sales targets.
- Experience of working closely with shared finance function
- An aptitude and interest for/in science and technology beneficial
- Works with colleagues in R&D to support new product development programmes.
- Makes relevant Company and product related presentations to customers.
- Undertakes regular sales calls/contact to new and existing clients.
- Generate relevant sales and commercial proposals.
- Monitor and report on competitors, market conditions and new product developments/launches.
- Develops and runs a process of continuous improvement through customer loyalty measurement.
- Understands product and customer elasticity of demand and delivers price growth without undue effect on loyalty and demand
- Ensures key sales transactions are protected through contracts where appropriate
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical development process desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of the Active Pharmaceuticals Ingredients or health and related sectors is desirable but not essential
- Strategizing & Planning
- Persuasiveness & negotiation
- Verbal and written communication
- Resilience and tenacity
- Numerically astute
- Degree level education in related discipline, for example Chemical engineering, Chemistry, Biology Desirable but not essential.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of annual sales and margin targets
- Gain project programmes aligned to the Company 3-5 year growth plan
- Number and value of new customers acquired
- Taking Ownership: High personal accountability for personal actions and those of site employees
- Passion for Quality: Walks the talk regarding Quality insisting on correct practices, processes and behaviours
- Excellent Customer Service: Strives to and delivers to customer expectations and communicates importance to the wider site staff
- Continuous Improvement and Delivery: Seizes every opportunity for site and individual improvement. Advocate of continuous improvement processes and elevates their importance
- Drive & Initiative: Takes responsibility and exhibits leadership in taking tasks and actions through to successful conclusions
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Fully understands that a cross functional approach engages employees and delivers more efficient and effective processes
- A leader in driving relationship management. Understands the levels of customer relationship necessary to accelerate sales growth, and fosters such a culture in customer-facing personnel.
Or complete the below: