CEO Executive Assistant – MBA or similar
£40-70k with outstanding prospects & potential
This is an outstanding opportunity for an MBA graduate (or similar) to put theory into practice. One of the country leading entrepreneurial businesses is looking for an Executive Assistant to work directly for the Group CEO.
As an Executive Assistant to the CEO, you will gain deep insight into the group and be given levels of responsibility well beyond your expectation. Working as a ‘right hand’ to the CEO, you will be immersed in strategic and operation analysis as well as having the opportunity to take a lead role in driving large projects within the business.
This role is seen as a 12 to 18 month vertical learning curve, typically putting into practice what you were taught and gained theoretic exposure to at University/Business School/MBA programme. Participants work on a series of strategic projects, the scope of which will focus on formulating and implementing strategies to create potential future revenue streams and maximize shareholder value.
The EA will become adept at compiling reports for the CEO, and the rest of the board, in a succinct format, enabling the CEO to quickly understand where his business is and the issues it faces. You will quickly be expected to give opinions on such findings and given the task of designing and rolling out an action/project plan.
You will learn up close how a senior management team operates and how important decisions are made. You will be personally and professionally challenged through direct participation in decision-making processes and proximity to decision-makers.
The Appointee will take advantage of the freedom offered to them in a creative and entrepreneurial manner and who have very good project and professional experience. This is a great opportunity to shadow a CEO and learn a lot about business.
It is important to note that this is NOT a PA role: the CEO has a dedicated PA who takes care of diaries, bookings etc. This role sits in the hub of the business and is analytical and outwardly facing: would suit a very bright, commercial MA/MBA graduate, with 3-5 years experience in a commercial environment.
- Reviewing and analysing the company’s financial reports, flagging issues to the CEO
- Conducting analysis on internal departments and external competitors as needed
- Basic modelling of companies in competitive industry
Research and Analysis
- Undertaking research on potential brand opportunities – financial and marketing research
- Being willing an able to provide an opinion and insight based on this research
- Carrying out internal research as needed
- Understanding the nature of brand-building and product catagories
- Analysing business strategy and marketing plans
Building Industry Knowledge
- Learning about operations in different areas, and related sectors
- Developing a thorough understanding of the UK and International Markets
- Attending business meetings with the CEO and providing a different perspective on current issues.
- Preparing meeting agendas and sending out pre meeting documentation
- Participating in meetings and responsible for taking notes as appropriate
- Responsible for following up on meetings and actions
- 2.1 or above from a leading university is essential
- Full time commercial work experience is essential
- An MA or MBA would be a huge advantage
- Having worked within B2C/leisure/retail would be advantageous
- Team player who can also work on own initiative
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Take ownership and accountability for work
- Willing to get involved in ad hoc projects with a can-do attitude
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, suggest improvements to current systems as well as establishing new processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Hard working and tenacious
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Passion for business
- Willing to travel (travel is not extensive)
Or by completing the below: