Global Aerospace Engineering Group
£125-140,000 plus exec package
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a market leading Aerospace Engineering Group. They possess an enviable reputation across the globe and a client list to match, but are set to climb to even greater heights. This impressive business has constantly kept ahead of competition, and had a clear focus on technical input and product innovation to lead all markets they exist within. Quality of product and service is at the core of the business.
Recent acquisitions in the past 12 months have given the group a c50% growth rate, a far broader product offering and a strong European foothold. With further M&A activity planned, the group will soon break £¼bn turnover as it builds towards an IPO in 3-5 years time.
The Aerospace group now boasts tooling, engineering, design, aircraft components, fasteners and a wealth of expertise against a backdrop of supplying the worlds leading Aerospace business across the world for over 30 years. With refined supply chain integration, their all encompassing service offering is unique in their sector.
Technical awareness and knowledge has long been the strength of the business and has led the business to some of the largest supplier contracts in the world in their sector(s). They have developed a highly enviable client list with the world’s most prestigious aerospace businesses across the western hemisphere, ensuring class-leading service-delivery with realistic objectives together with supreme customer service. Their consistency of service delivery is unparalleled.
The business is performing well-above industry average, but is focused on further cementing their market position and increasing their market share whilst re-investing heavily into the business to continue and accelerate its growth and financial position. They invest significantly in both process technology AND in personnel to ensure the highest standards of both product and service are maintained.
This desire to continue to develop along with their default culture of high motivation and energy has led to the need to recruit a CEO to bring about even greater strategic and operational skill as they further penetrate into the global Aerospace Sector.
The appointee will take full responsibility for this highly respected Aerospace group, with a sole reporting line upwards to the Group CEO. They will be granted total autonomy in the development and leadership of this business and it continues to make ever greater waves across the market, with the full support of the Group Board which they will take a seat on.
The successful candidate will take total responsibility for the Aerospace group, it’s financial, commercial and operational performance all with the design, develop and implementation of a clear strategy to further grow and develop the business and it’s capabilities whilst driving operational, engineering and manufacturing efficiencies. With a highly effective commercial, sales and marketing function focused on profitably expanding the value and volume of sales, this role will be critical to ensure the organisation has the firmest of foundations from which to capitalize from increased sales volume and value.
- Proven business leader, likely to be a proven MD/CEO/GM, with experience in specialist Aerospace/Engineering, most likely with a strong operational, engineering background.
- Able to manage a growing multi-site business in a complex international market.
- Ability to design and take ownership of the strategic vision for a complex aerospace/engineering business, as well as communicating, orchestrating and leading it’s delivery.
- Someone who has driven operation efficiencies whilst commercially driving a diverse business to sustainable growth. Experience of internationalising a UK business into other overseas markets would be an added benefit.
- Proven experience of creating and managing a fast growing and highly successful business with a diverse product range.
- A charismatic leader who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Ability to manage risk, including design, engineering, manufacturing, tooling, health & safety and ensuring the efficiency of an integrated supply chain.
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations, and able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, commercial and operational performance and a strong sense of accountability.
- Results driven
- Commercial focus
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring
- Judgement and decision-making
- Forward thinking
- Ability to lead both technical and commercial teams
- Excellent people management skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure exemplary operational performance
- Must be able to travel internationally when required
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably degree educated, most likely within an engineering discipline.
- Experience of the Aerospace Engineering sector(s) or closely complimentary industries
- Demonstrable success in leading manufacturing/engineering function with a constant eye for continuous improvement. And the ability to lead process changes
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience.