Software Development Business
c£100,000 plus excellent package (salary flexible dependant on experience)
This is an outstanding and unique opportunity to join a well-funded software development start-up business, already experiencing significant growth. An autonomous part of a larger privately-owned group, they benefit from the corporate, commercial, and financial support as well as highly ethical stance the parent group possesses.
Sitting within a growth market of outsourced consumer-services software and system integrations, their products and technically capability as already been proven ahead of their expanded launch into new markets. The business has a clear focus on technical and product innovation to develop all markets they enter. Quality of product and service is at the core of the business.
As the business continues to expand, and commercial growth exceeds expectations, they now find themselves with the need to appoint a Chief Operating Officer, a newly created role to provide strong leadership and management across the business, working closely with the CEO/GM, deputising for him when required as well as acting as a strong and visible ‘No.2’.
Customer Care and Service Delivery of products and services will be at the core of this appointee’s remit, including leading and directing the technical delivery team until a CTO is appointed. They will be empowered and tasked with leading numerous teams of high-performing professionals to be efficient, productive and effective. The appointee will adopt a high calibre customer service ethos but will be more about being the ‘day to day’ senior leader for delivery; being the client face of the business, working closely with the Business Development and BUD teams as well as being involved in bids/tenders/pitches.
The desire to seize the opportunities presenting themselves and carve out new opportunities, new products, new markets and new routes to those markets gives this business huge momentum, the COO will enjoy fueling that momentum, bringing about even greater strategic leadership and commercial skills as they further penetrate into new markets.
The Chief Operating Officer’s day-to-day tasks will be to lead, manage, inspire and grow the Customer Care & Service Delivery functions, as well as ultimately being the senior leader for delivery, providing clear working practices for teams to ensure they succeed in their roles and to ensure their teams are playing their part by continually advancing the quality of its service.
The Chief Operating Officer will also play an active part on the Senior Leadership Team.
- One-stop leader for all Customer Care attributes and services
- Advance the Departments outlook to Consumer and Customer needs in the everchanging landscape of Customer Service
- Monitor performance with tracking and establish corrective measures as needed, and prepare detailed reports, both current and forecasting
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders
- Analysing internal operations and identifying areas of process enhancement
- Oversee, report and maintain resource management across the business for both Programme/Projects and recruitment.
- Ensure the provision of Products and Service is ‘Best in Class’
- Develop and control all operational budgets in line with objective success.
- Collaborating with the GM in setting and driving organisational vision, operational strategy, and overall Customer Service (Care & Delivery).
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating planning
Business & Product Growth
- Spearheading the continued advancement of Product sets and functionality within selected market spaces.
- Ensuring financial and contractual accuracy in all commercial agreements are maintained
- Working with the GM in expanding the presence in selected market spaces
- Working in partnership with Marketing to successfully deliver and maintain the digital presence (and continual advancement) of the business
The ideal candidate will have prior leadership experience in Operations within a software development environment. You will possess the demonstrable ability to lead the operational functions, delivery and customer care, and be ready to step up to lead the entire operational and customer care functions of business, working in partnership with the CEO/GM.
You will be able to demonstrate a successful track record of business growth and designing innovative technological initiatives and solutions, whilst remaining a broad operational leader and influencer with a strong customer ethos.
As a key team player, you will be adept at leading from the front and being hands-on when necessary, as you drive the teams and get behind the business for which you are responsible for. With such a fast-paced, lithe consumer-focused business, you will be highly adaptable, agile, and simply love working in a high-profile, dynamic business, constantly driving new innovations and commercial success.
- Operationally focussed, but commercially aware business leader, likely to be a proven Operations Director or COO, with recent experience in Software Development House, ideally with scale-up growth exposure.
- Ability to design and take ownership of all aspects of the operational strategy for this growth business, as well as communicating, orchestrating and leading its delivery.
- Able to manage a business in a complex consumer software market.
- Adept with working within a diverse role, reflecting the comparatively young age of this business.
- Very tech-savvy and possess a good understanding of software Development operations/IT
- Understanding of Business Development, Supply Chain and ideally some experience in eCommerce
- Exceptional leadership skills – able to motivate people and attain buy-in
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- A charismatic leader and coach who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations; able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues and strategy
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, commercial and operational performance and a strong sense of accountability.
- Critical analysis of data with the comfort to challenge.
- Results driven
- Commercial focus
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring
- Judgement and decision-making
- Forward thinking
- Ability to lead operational, technical and commercial teams
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure exemplary operational performance
Or complete the below: