c£50,000 plus bonus & package.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a truly innovative market disrupter. Well-funded, and in it’s 5th year of operation, this digital/app-based service business has already been called the ‘Uber’ of its market. They have taken a traditional time-sensitive/service critical fashion & beauty product offering and radically shifted the route to market through an on-demand model whilst simplifying customer acquisition through supreme service.
A significant £7-figure investment earlier this year has complimented earlier (similar £7-figure) investments from three high-profile Angel Investors leaving the business with huge appetite for even greater growth and the financial power to satisfy that hunger. At the same time, a newly signed agreement with one of the UK’s largest retailers is set to catapult the business into explosive and exponential growth.
The business’s highly innovative product and equally innovative route to market is attracting massive attention from all corners of the marketplace, suppliers and high-profile customers, all of which have unequivocally and vocally supported the business.
Their current London-centric focus and female-biased product offering has already seen the business experience 20% month-on-month growth, and the business valuation tip into £8-figures. Their next expansion programme, fuelled by the retail tie-up, is into the Manchester/North-West. Key to that expansion is the appointment of an Entrepreneurial, commercial savvy ‘Head of Manchester’.
Investment in both People and Technology has been at the centre of this Group’s success since it’s inception along with massive entrepreneurial drive. From customer facing interfaces to the commercial, operational and logistical network behind it, the group has seen its investment set them up for a bright future and maximize its customer service, exceeding customer expectations, all whilst operating with financial stability and commercial performance that is the envy of their market. But they never wish to rest on their laurels with an aggressive continuous development programme already underway.
The Manchester/North-West market is rich with opportunity and even lower barriers to entry than the London market, leaving this disruptive business with a prime opportunity to steal market share and replicate (or even surpass) the commercial growth seen by the London operation.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will have full P&L responsibility for the Manchester/North-West business, taking responsibilities for Operations, Marketing, People Management and Commercial Strategy. They will be tasked with driving the business forward: customer acquisition, product sales & margin performance, utilisation/fulfillment plus taking control of development of territory strategy, localised activity and delivery of the ambitious commercial targets. The appointee will be data driven, focused on superseding all growth targets.
The primary focus for the appointee will be the development of the strategic roadmap for Manchester and the execution of it, all while setting high standards for rest of the region and maintaining the quality throughout the service providers and customer experience. You will own the P & L, local marketing, local service quality management, local physical stores and people management. You will draw on central marketing and operational functions as you need, whilst consistently providing the regional view. You will continually strive to make the way the region operates better by combining a strong analytical approach with creativity. It’s this combination that make it such a demanding but exciting role.
Driving relationships and influencing these critical functions within the business will be vital in making this role a success. The appointee will own the North-West business. Ensuring top-line sales whilst protecting margin (and minimising promotions) will be the primary focus. Using the levers at your disposal, you will have totally control and influence over the NW market, commercial and financial performance of your business.
In a nutshell… The leader of the Manchester business
- Entrepreneurial role focused on driving sales growth through developing partnerships and relationships.
- P&L accountability.
- To meet both quarterly and annual sales and margin targets.
- To develop and deliver on opportunities for the business, hitting both demand and supply targets for both the on-demand business and stores
- Develop and deliver an annual business plan including revenue and margin forecasts that illustrate overall predicted performance and feed into the company’s budgeting process.
- Driving market analysis and devising strategies for generating new business.
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Oversee recruitment and on-boarding of supply side
- Work with central marketing, operation and product functions to ensure you have what you need
- Help scale our other regions through developing and sharing best practices
- Support with UK-wide expansion strategy
- Lead a culture that develops an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to growing the business by focusing on delivering growth to the main business levers
Key Performance Indicators for the role
- Customer sales
- Margin – (i.e. achieved margin, including after marketing/promotion)
- Weekly fulfilled bookings,
- Supplier recruitment
- Proven experience within a fast-paced/high-energy consumer sector such as beauty/fashion/luxury services
- Exposure to Operations and/or Marketing Management within a fast-paced and every changing commercial environment.
- Entrepreneurial, solution-driven mindset
- Knowledge of the beauty sector, even if just as a consumer
- A self-starter with exceptional entrepreneurial skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance and a track-record of delivering and developing new/multiple markets.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- A career-hungry Commercial professional. This role could be a trainee Managing Director for the right person.
- A hard-working ‘self-starter’/ completer finisher.
- Understanding and adept ability to deliver marketing strategies and plans.
- Strong numeracy skills ranging from interpretation of data to management accounts and budgeting.
- Highly organised with the ability to adapt quickly to strategic change
- Exceptional communicator.
- Self-confident and mature individual who will be able to establish and sustain strong working relationships with the Management Team; the Trading, Marketing, eCommerce Operations, Finance Teams, and Department Managers.
- A dynamic and persuasive individual who can inspire and influence others.
- Ability to identify areas of change, recommend future actions and manage implementation.
- Project management skills with an ability to see things through to completion in a challenging environment.
- A strong commitment to align the business operation with the customers’ needs.
- A positive, ‘can do’ approach, one that wants to test new things and seeks continual improvement.
- Ability to balance the needs of commercial performance with the ethos of the organisation
- Highly adaptable and pragmatic but able to ‘stand their ground’ effectively and professionally when required
- Gets involved and gets things done. This is a hands-on role in a hands-on organisation. There are very few ‘committees’ with a flat structure and no hiding places
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, but able to remain calm and focused in a pressurised situation
- Innovation and Flair. They want to do things differently, and better. More of the same is not what they are about.
- No ego. This is a customer and results focused business where the individual will be one part of a critical team and can expect high levels of both challenge and support on all aspects of their remit. If you want to ‘tell us what to do because you are the expert’ then this is not the role for you….you will demonstrate why you are the expert through your actions. Your rewards for doing so will be limitless.