£100,000 + Exec package & Wealth Creation
Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Digital Director, to lead the digital interests of this highly innovative marketing-led B2C/Retail/e-Commerce/OmniChannel group.
Exceptional growth has led to the need to recruit a key Digital professional, operating at the top of their game, but hungry for more.
This role sits on the Group Leadership Team and will report to the MD.
This is a strategic leadership role, not just operational. The business is a very fast-paced, high-profile B2C/e-Commerce Retail Group. Responding to that pace and driving it, is a critical function of the Digital Department. The Digital Director will provide dynamic leadership to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all marketing & data assets, inform and assist the development of my client’s increasing digital and social marketing strategy, as well as provide hands-on support and technical know-how for the day-to-day running of the broader marketing department, across all aspects of the marketing mix both above and below the line.
Team development, leadership and inspiration are critical aspects of this role. The business has a strong and renowned ‘team’ ethos and culture, and is known as a very marketing engaged business. This role will be at the epicentre of that reputation – and for the appointee, the opportunity to drive that reputation to unparalleled heights.
Whilst Strategic Leadership and Team Development are the most critical aspects of this role, the flat structure within the department (and business) means this is also a hands-on role.
The person is everything. The brightest stars in this business are all about having the right attitude.
The Digital Director will be one of the most influential people, and personalities within the business. This is a high-profile leadership position.
The appointee will have a proven digital background within an idea-rich, innovative, consumer-led retail or similar environment. He/she will possess excellent interpersonal skills, be incredibly hands-on, possess strong analytical abilities, and be a robust decision-maker and a ‘finisher’. The role involves providing strategic and technical advice and practical support to the entire business.
Experience of managing and developing teams of digital professionals is essential, as is a proven track record of designing and overseeing the delivery of multiple project/programmes.
The successful candidate will have strong stakeholder influencing skills and be able to put across his or her view clearly, often articulating the benefit of digital activity in business terms and have the confidence to constructively challenge senior stakeholders.
In addition he/she will have strong creativity and be capable of committing to, and delivering to, tight deadlines to keep up with a fast-paced market environment.
The appointee will exude enthusiasm and demonstrate an outstanding work ethic – this is a culture where hard work is expected, celebrated and rewarded.
The appointee will have gravitas. It will be immediately obvious to all around them, internal and external, why they have been selected and appointed. They will command and yet earn respect. They will be the centre of ideation within the business. They will inspire not only their department, but everyone within the business. They will be motivating as well as motivated.
Alongside their astute leadership capabilities, they will be an ‘action’ style leader. Their attention to detail will be second to none, and will be contagious. They will never see themselves as ‘too big’ for any task within the department, and will gain huge satisfaction from developing the team in every regard, form and function.
The successful candidate will most likely have come from a High-Change/High-Energy, successful B2C/Retail environment…success and growth will be a familiar experience. They will blend traditional Above, Through & Below-The-Line marketing with digital strategies, CRM maximization and communication & promotional innovation.
Above all else, they will be excited by Digital; excited about the opportunity of leading the Digital Strategy for one of the highest profile businesses in the area.
- Function as both a leader and an operator
- Align all programs with overall digital and business strategy, global brand, and global communications
- Ability to create and manage a strategic plan for current and future years that can align tactics for acquisition as well as retention that fits within an evolving business landscape
- Supervising the implementation of campaigns, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company brand and legal guidelines
- Driving the development of integrated plans, including the identification of target audiences and the crafting of messaging frameworks
- Understanding of how to use creative to fit a strategy and brand guidelines
- Oversee digital/tech budgets, and P&Ls
- Build, manage, and mentor a strong commercial team
- Serve as a spokesperson as needed
- Solid Digital and Data driven experience
- B2C/e-Commerce experience essential. Retail preferably, gaming/gambling/consumer entertainment otherwise.
- Direct experience in planning and executing data driven environments
- Exceptional grasp on brand and communications
- Experience in building, leading, and managing strong teams
- Ability to interface with executive management
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional business and strategic acumen
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in balancing the needs for localisation and a global brand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Alignment with the organisation’s vision and core values
To apply, please forward a CV with current remuneration package by email
Or complete the below form: