Global Aerospace Engineering Group
UK-based but with some travel
£80,000 Plus exec package
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a market leading Aerospace Engineering Group. They possess an enviable reputation across the globe and a client list to match, but are set to climb to even greater heights. This impressive business has constantly kept ahead of competition, and had a clear focus on technical input and product innovation to lead all markets they exist within. Quality of product and service is at the core of the business.
Technical awareness and knowledge has long been the strength of the business and has led the business to some of the largest supplier contracts in the world in their sector(s). They have developed a highly enviable client list with the world’s most prestigious aerospace businesses across the western hemisphere, ensuring class-leading service-delivery with realistic objectives together with supreme customer service. Their consistency of service delivery is unparalleled.
The business is performing well-above industry average, but is focused on further cementing their market position and increasing their market share whilst re-investing heavily into the business to continue and accelerate its growth and financial position. They invest significantly in both process technology AND in personnel to ensure the highest of standard of both product and service are maintained.
This desire to continue to develop along with their default culture of high motivation and energy has led to the need to recruit a Director of Customer Engagement to further penetrate into the global Aerospace Sector where they already have not only an outstanding reputation, but are almost without exception, already working close with. This is a role to take already open doors and push them further open.
The appointee will take a high degree of autonomy in the development and leadership of this market, but with the full support of the Board and the parent Group. The successful candidate will design, develop and implement a clear strategy to profitably expand the value and volume of sales with all the major Aerospace ‘players’.
They will be tasked with identifying suitable sponsors and business partners in their target businesses and region(s), and where appropriate, assist in the selection, training and ultimately the management of the appointed partners to achieve the agreed profitability and sales targets as well as the on-going performance.
Duties and Responsibilities.
Customers – Internal & External
- To determine the best strategy to develop and increase profitable sales and maximise the benefits of the product portfolio and the brand and service
- To develop a commercial strategy of developing strategic individuals relationships with existing client companies with the objectives of increasing visibility and exposure, and ultimately, increasing sales value/volume.
- To develop and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with all customers and partners.
- To provide the required information to ensure timely and accurate communications
- Ensuring that the commercial function is consistently presented to a high level to promote a professional image to the internal and external customer.
- To monitor, in conjunction with the finance dept, the payment record and credit worthiness of all partners and customers to ensure timely payments.
- To plan and prepare sales forecasts and budgets and ensure that sales profitability, volume and budget objectives are achieved
- Ensure that all management information is produced and distributed within the stated deadlines
- Proactively work towards the achievement of the company overall budgets and forecasts.
- To ensure that limits of authority and sign off levels are adhered to
Business Processes & Safety
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and to ensure that controls are effective.
- Ensure that you are aware and comply with all company policies including health and safety.
- Undertake regular reviews of your function to improve customer service, performance and productivity.
Specific Performance Deliverables and KPIs
- The sales and profit performance of the Company and your designated markets
- Meeting various deadlines.
- Accuracy of budgets and forecasts
- Customer satisfaction performance of your function
- Implementation of cost reduction solutions.
- Improvement and delivery of management information.
- Results driven
- Customer service focus.
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring.
- Judgement and decision-making.
- Forward thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting and networking skills.
- Excellent negotiation and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent people management skills.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times.
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure customer development
- Must be able to travel internationally when required
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably degree educated
- Experience of the Aerospace Engineering sector(s) or closely complimentary industries
- Experience of selling and dealing with ‘value added’ highly technical services/products
- Significant exposure to a top 3 Aerospace Tooling or Engineering firm, such as Rolls Royce, would be a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to lead process changes
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience.
- Full driving licence
This is a career defining, fantastic opportunity for an experienced, operationally aware and commercial Client-facing professional, with exposure to the Aerospace sector, to add significant value to an already high-performing market leader.