European Business Manager
Global Polymer Manufacturer
c£60,000 plus bonus & package
My client is a market leading, Global speciality chemical & polymer manufacturer. This well-established but still entrepreneurial and niche business has constantly kept ahead of competition, and had a clear focus on technical input and product innovation to become top, second or third largest supplier in all markets they exist within.
Technical knowledge, supreme service delivery and a highly advanced global distributor network give them the edge on all of their competitors, with a reputation for providing the ultimate high quality product & consistency.
Profitable & cash rich, they invest significantly in both process technology AND in personnel to ensure the highest of standard of both product and service are maintained. This desire to continue to develop along with their default culture of high motivation and energy has led to the need to recruit a Senior Manager to drive sales, to lead and accelerate their continued expansion across the UK and European markets.
The vacant position, a product of internal promotion, will take an extremely high degree of autonomy in the development and leadership of these key markets, but with the full support of the UK-based Board and parent Group. The successful candidate will design, develop and implement a clear strategy to profitably expand the sales across new and existing markets through both the development of a distribution network as well as direct sales in key markets. They will be tasked with identifying suitable business partners in the region and to assist in the selection, training and ultimately the management of the appointed distributors to achieve the agreed profitability and sales targets as well as the on-going performance.
The appointee will be a highly successful sales leader, possessing a thorough understanding of the sales process, and skilled in sales delivery and commercialising new offerings and opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan and new business initiatives in each key market segment.
- To determine, in conjunction with the distributors, the best strategy to develop profitable sales and maximise the benefits of the product portfolio and the brand and service
- To develop and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with distributors/customers
- To provide the required information to ensure timely and accurate communications
- Ensuring that your function is consistently presented to a high level to promote a professional image to the internal and external customer.
Specific Performance Deliverables and KPIs
- The sales and profit performance of the European Market
- Customer satisfaction performance of your function
- Results driven
- Customer service focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting and networking skills.
- Excellent negotiation and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure customer development
- Must be able to travel across Europe
- Degree educated, preferably within Chemistry or similar subject.
- Experience of direct sales and/or management of distributors and agents
- Experience of selling ‘value added’ manufactured products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and general Office applications.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Full driving licence
This is a career defining, fantastic opportunity for an experienced, operationally aware and commercial business development professional to move into a sales & business leadership position and add significant value to an already high-performing market leader.
Or complete the below: