Global Sports Brand
£60,000 plus package & bonus
This disruptive, global sporting brand has gone from start-up to market leader in 5 years. A branding/marketing dream, they are already ranked alongside sport’s biggest brands, but their real strength is in the technological development of and subsequent quality of their products – it is this that places them at the top of their market; spoken in the same breath (and complimenting) their market’s biggest brands.
Exponential growth has lifted this business to the top of their game, but their journey has still hardly begun. New products, new markets and even greater tie-ups with professional sport gives this business, and it’s ground-breaking products, an exceptionally bright future.
Key to this future is the recruitment of a European Channel Marketing Manager, with an initial focus on supporting UK and German sales teams, as well as their regional EU distribution partners.
The appointee will already be a shining star within branded marketing, with strong exposure to both on-line and off-line marketing; above, below and through the line. They will take responsibility for an Omni-Channel marketing strategy as well as product launch planning/delivery, commercial tie-ups with the ultimate professional sports brands/teams, customer feedback management, trade-show/event management and social media.
The ideal candidate is a well organised, extremely detailed oriented marketeer, with a strong entrepreneurial initiative and spirit. They will likely work well within a small, multi-functional sales and marketing organisation.
The appointee will report directly to the EMEA MD located in London with dotted line relationship to Global Chief Marketing Officer.
- Work closely to support UK and German direct sales teams, along with the European-wide distribution partners, on a range of marketing initiatives, inclusive of:
- Product launch planning and execution
- Trade show planning & execution
- Channel management – specifically the online and in-store presentation of the overall brand and products in key channels such as specialty sports retailers, and premium bike shops
- Organize and execute grassroots marketing initiatives (primary focus on the UK and Germany)
- Actively collaborate and brainstorm with the International leadership team, Product Management and Channel Marketing on how best to execute the brand strategy throughout the EU.
- Actively monitor and analyse customer feedback generated through key EU channels such as product reviews, social media channels and event participation
- Actively support key partnership activations with cycling brands right at the top of the sport – Top-5 Professional Teams, leading technology partners across the sport, all major cycling component manufacturers.
- University degree in a business related field of study or relevant experience
- 3+ years experience in channel marketing or general marketing
- Entrepreneurial mindset; “Can do” attitude with desire to roll up the sleeves when necessary to get the job done
- Strong communication skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills and the ability to complete all facets of a given project
- Strong desire to work in a start-up culture
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, cycling business
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, consumer electronics. Ideal candidate is comfortable conversing on key topics such as smartphone technology, Apps, Bluetooth, ANT+ and WiFi wireless standards.
- Proficient in MS Office software packages (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
For further details, email me, or complete the below form (Alternatively, find me on Zwift, or add me on Strava…!)