£120-140,000 plus Executive Package & Bonus
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a market leading, Global Aerospace Engineering Group. They possess an enviable reputation across the globe and a client list to match, but are set to climb to even greater heights thanks to an aggressive M&A strategy. This impressive business has constantly kept ahead of competition, and had a clear focus on technical input and product innovation to lead all markets they exist within. Quality of product and service is at the core of the business.
Technical awareness and knowledge has long been the strength of the business and has led the business to some of the largest supplier contracts in the world in their sector(s). They have developed a highly enviable client list with the world’s most prestigious aerospace businesses across the western hemisphere, ensuring class-leading service-delivery with realistic objectives together with supreme customer service. Their consistency of service delivery is unparalleled.
The business is performing well-above industry average, but is focused on further cementing their market position and increasing their market share whilst re-investing heavily into the business to continue and accelerate its growth and financial position. They invest significantly in both process technology AND in personnel to ensure the highest of standard of both product and service are maintained.
This desire to continue to develop along with their default culture of high motivation and energy has led to the need to recruit a European Sales Director to further penetrate into the global Aerospace Sector where they already have not only an outstanding reputation, but are almost without exception, already working close with. This is a role to take already open doors and push them further open.
The appointee will take a high degree of autonomy in the development and leadership of this market, but with the full support of the Board. The successful candidate will design, develop and implement a clear strategy to profitably expand the value and volume of sales with all the major Aerospace ‘players’.
They will be tasked with identifying suitable sponsors and business partners in their target businesses and region(s), and where appropriate, assist in the selection, training and ultimately the management of the appointed partners to achieve the agreed profitability and sales targets as well as the on-going performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To determine the best strategy to develop and increase profitable sales and maximise the benefits of the product portfolio and the brand and service within select, target businesses
- To develop a commercial strategy of developing strategic individual relationships within key client companies, with the objectives of increasing visibility and exposure, and ultimately, increasing sales value/volume
- To develop and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with key customers and partners
- To provide the required information to ensure timely and accurate communications
- Ensuring that the commercial function is consistently presented to a high level to promote a professional image to the internal and external customer
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably degree educated
- Experience of the Aerospace Engineering sector(s) or closely complimentary industries
- Experience of selling and dealing with ‘value added’ highly technical services/products
- European commercial exposure, European language (especially French) particularly of interest
- Demonstrable ability to lead process changes
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience.
This is a career defining, fantastic opportunity for an experienced, operationally aware and commercial Client-facing professional, with exposure to the European Aerospace sector, to add significant value to an already high-performing market leader.
Or complete the below: