c£120,000 with a Exec Package & equity potential. Amazing prospects for the right individual
Amazing opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading and most respected luxury retail groups, a chance for a highly commercial, retail finance professional to take their career to the ‘major leagues’.
Reporting to, and working closely with the Group CEO, this is an exciting opportunity for a highly ambitious retail background professional to take on a critical role within the business. The appointee will assume full P&L responsibility for all channels of including Retail, E-commerce, wholesale and International markets, leading a team of 10.
The business is known across the sector, not only for its market dominating position but also for its innovative strategy of space optimisation, especially the around the development of flagship concepts in major locations/city centres.
Whilst known primarily as a ‘Bricks & Mortar’, high-street retailer, the business has a very strong E-commerce offering; the business now accounting for almost a quarter of sales, and experiencing double digit growth. They also have a strong wholesale operation. Their plans for continued growth centre on both international expansion, including the US, and the eCommerce business.
The successful applicant will have the primary responsibility for finance and commercial relationships with the Retail Ops Director, Trading Directors, Heads of Retail, General Managers and Heads of E-commerce. The gravitas given the role will also see daily contact with the Group Chief Executive. This is a kingpin group wide role for the right person.
The appointee will have a very strong retail background and huge commercial exposure. They will have experienced growth and success and have blossomed within a high-change environment. eCommerce will have featured strongly in their recent career, but they will have a traditional retail background.
- Ensure appropriate reporting and analysis is available for the field management
- Be responsible for identifying all risks and opportunities within the retail P&L, plus be solution orientated in assisting the retail teams in protecting profit
- Work with the board in every aspect of commercial planning and strategy – act as primary commercial and strategic sounding-board for the Entrepreneurial Group CEO.
- Take a lead role in the Group’s M&A strategy.
- Work with the Retail Director on driving the UK space strategy of the brands
- Oversee the preparation and review of all capital investment proposals, and ensure appropriate post investment review is undertaken
- Take a leadership role in running all aspects of the finance department through the Divisional FCs.
Develop the financial support for the expansion programmes:
- Evolving the finance support for new products/retail segments, challenging the financial processes and operations involved with a view to maximizing profitability and getting it to a point where it more closely mirrors the current business.
- Developing a strong working relationship with all teams, to keep abreast of developments and share relevant information on development strategies as markets develop.
- Undertaking strategic reviews of potential markets to help prioritise and focus the brands’ expansion plans
Evolve the finance support for the E-commerce business as follows:
- Ensure appropriate reporting and analysis for the Head of E-commerce
- Be responsible for identifying all risks and opportunities within the e-commerce P&L, plus be solution orientated in assisting the e-commerce teams in protecting profit
- Look for best practice in each brand to share with the other
- Prepare all papers and present at the quarterly E-commerce reviews to Group CEO
- Understand the impact e-commerce has on stores and vice versa and work closely with the Retail Director and Heads of E-commerce in delivering the Multi-Channel vision for the brands
- Be responsible for long range planning (annual and 3-5 year plans) and preparation of strategic review papers for presentation to Group CEO and COO on the retail chains and the eCommerce business(es).
- Be a member of the Senior Management Team that plays a key role in the detailed development and implementation of the group strategy.
- Develop Retail and E-commerce Finance Teams, and ensure these individuals in turn are developing their analysts
Skills / experience required
- Qualified with 7-10yrs+ post qualification experience
- Keen to pursue a career path to the highest level
- Looking for scope to have P&L responsibility and as such may be currently operating in a senior, commercial finance role that may lack breadth due to the scale of the organisation
- Able to demonstrate evidence of strong management skills, and keen to lead a large team
- A fast learner capable of establishing credibility with senior players early on
- Comfortable with changing deadlines and the need to re-appraise priorities, harnessing all available resources to deliver
- A strong communicator, able to articulate their point clearly and concisely with finance or non finance functions, and comfortable with challenging others
- Comfortable with initiating change and continuous improvement within the team
- A self starter, able to manage the team workload and deadlines with minimal supervision
Or complete the form below: