c£60-80,000, plus exceptional Executive Package Plus Equity
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the most exciting Technology Service Start-Ups in the region.
They are already able to boast a reputation for a class defining, innovative range of services and products, all underpinned with huge sector knowledge and experience plus genuine customer service focus and technical support.
Positioned in this high growth, emerging sector, they are already building a reputation for their innovative approach and exceptional capability, together with a huge passion for what they do.
Replicating that focus internally, they seek to create an upbeat, friendly, innovative and fast-paced environment with, crucially, market-leading opportunity for advancement, all in the quest for creating a highly energised company culture.
This is already an energised, fun and entrepreneurial culture, which every employee and stakeholder works diligently to foster. Hard work is expected and will be highly rewarded. They are an opportunistic growth company that seeks to deliver long-term prosperity to all employees. Career opportunities are as unlimited as any employees’ aspirations and hunger.
Combining the above with a business that is distinguishing itself from competitors with quality innovative service/product offerings, robust operating systems, modern, flexible working environments, a commitment to Information Technology and an immense ability to foster new product innovation, this business is set to become an employer of choice across the North of England.
A key element to that growth and marketing positioning is the recruitment of a highly commercial CFO or Controller.
The role is an outstanding opportunity to not only take a key role in an exciting tech business, but one that offers the chance to lead a critical central-function right at the heart of the business’ global reputation as it enters a period of even higher growth.
Reporting to the CEO, the appointee will take an very active part on the Senior Management Team.
The role assumes overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings with the most profitable outcomes.
They will promote commercial insight and understanding, and develop initiatives to positively impact financial and commercial performance, and will seek to re-engineer existing practices to eliminate low or no value activities, ensuring efficient work flows.
This is a strategic leadership role, not just operational management. This is a very fast-paced, customer focused business. Responding to that pace and focus and driving it, is a critical function of the Finance Function. The appointee will provide dynamic leadership to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of all processes, refining and re-designing where necessary; crucially whilst responding to and seeking to gain commercial advantage from new technologies regulations.
Understanding and successfully managing the finance function will be vital for the long-term success of both the role and the business – not only in helping to ensure the business is financially and commercially performing, but also to ensure the values, mission and vision the organisation continue to be at the forefront of decision-making and strategy, along with resolute customer service and satisfaction. Strategic and operational intelligence will be critical, as will a natural solution finding demeanour.
Maximising the Financial and Commercial performance of the business will be the primary task for the appointee, driving the best route to high growth and continued success. A close working relationship with the CEO & SMT will be key to help coordinate corporate finance, inform company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions, as appropriate.
Team development, leadership and inspiration are critical aspects of this role. The business has a strong ‘team’ ethos and culture, and is already known as a very employee engaged business. This role will be critical to that reputation.
The CFO/Controller will be one of the most influential people, and personalities within the business.
This is a high profile leadership position as the Director responsible for the businesses Financial and Commercial performance. The appointee will have a proven Finance Leadership background within a fast-paced highly innovative business, leading a dynamic finance function.
He/she will possess excellent interpersonal skills, be adept at mixing strategic planning & direction whilst retaining a hands-on capability, possessing strong process management abilities, and be a robust decision-maker and a ‘finisher’. The role involves providing strategic and operational leadership as well as practical support not only to the Commercial and Finance functions, but also to the business as a whole.
Experience of managing and developing a dynamic finance function in a high growth, highly energy business is essential, as is a proven track record of designing and overseeing the delivery of multiple processes and programmes, with particular focus on financial delivery and performance.
The successful candidate will have strong influencing skills and be able to put across his or her ideas and views clearly to both peers and all members within the business and it’s leadership team(s). In addition he/she will have strong communication skills and be capable of liaising with a broad cross-section of departments, skillsets and capability levels to discuss all matter financial, particularly to assist the compilation of, and adherence to budgets.
The appointee will exude enthusiasm and demonstrate an outstanding work ethic – this is a culture where hard work is expected, celebrated and rewarded. This is not a 9-to-5 job. They will be constantly questioning those above and below them, but more importantly, constantly questioning (and challenging) themselves….
…..but the appointee will have gravitas. It will be immediately obvious to all around them why they have been selected and appointed. They will have the behavioural and technical skills to earn and retain respect. They will be the centre of commercial ideation within the business.
They will inspire not only their department, but everyone within the business. They will be motivating as well as motivated.
Alongside their astute leadership capabilities, they will be an ‘action’ style manager. Their attention to detail will be second to none, and will be contagious. They will never see themselves as ‘too big’ for any task within the department, and will gain huge satisfaction from developing the business in every regard, form and function.
- You will possess a strong and highly impressive finance management and preferably leadership background, gained within an innovative, ideally technology-led, business services environment.
- You will preferably have experienced working within, or exposure to a technology sector and have relished the opportunity to bring about ethical AND commercial wins ahead of the market and it’s competitors. You will have enjoyed talking the path less trodden; and want to do it again.
- Director/Controller level team leadership exposure within a Commercial Finance Function
- A minimum of 5 years post-qualification, financial and team management experience, minimum of 3 years genuine management/leadership role
- Ability to explain financial controls and management to non-finance colleagues
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- A strategic thinker and able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal).
- Ability to communicate and influence cross-functionally and culturally.
- Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
- Experience presenting to and working with other senior management team members.
- Natural control orientation but with he ability to judge risk profile against commercial opportunity
- Strong executive presence, polish and commercially savvy.
- Experience at mentoring and personal development.
- Demonstrable ability to understand and simply communicate complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
- Measured, but fun and dynamic in their management style, instilling a co-operative, high-energy, motivated team-oriented culture.
- The ideal candidate will already have a reputation and track record of success as an exemplary finance leader.
- Bright, dynamic, and possessing superior verbal and written communication skills, the successful candidate will have the engaging personality to inspire and create excitement with their team, as well as across the entire organisation.
- The successful candidate will also be strategic and innovative with an external awareness to understand the nuances of complex processes and procedures within a regulated environment.
- Utilising a highly solution based, consultative style; Be experienced in teaching and developing their team(s) to identify and define business needs and develop innovative solutions.
- They will be a tireless, high-energy professional with an entrepreneurial flair and will possess a brand of confidence, which allows for delegation and empowerment to his/her team.
- He/she will be a team player that has experienced a broad-reaching but largely non-hierarchical structure.
- The individual must have demonstrated an ability to achieve or exceed his/her objectives while working in concert with other managers/directors. He/she must possess excellent interpersonal skills, the highest level of integrity, and be able to inspire trust and confidence.
- Finally, this executive must have a level of business maturity, flexibility and the instincts to adapt to a young, exciting, high-energy, dynamic environment characterised by high growth expectations and a collaborative culture…..and have a sense of humour and fun at all times.
Or complete the below form.