c£100,000, plus exceptional Executive Package
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the regions’s most exciting young service groups. Already able to boast a reputation for class defining returns as well as market leading, innovative products they are fast becoming a go to operator in the UK.
Positioned in this highly regulated sector, they have built a strong reputation for high integrity, exceptional professionalism, but with an immensely human face, underpinned by highly principled humility and passion for what they do.
Replicating that human-focus internally, they have created an upbeat, friendly, innovative, and fast-paced environment with, crucially, market-leading opportunity for advancement. The result of which is extremely low staff turnover rates and a highly energised company culture.
They have consistently grown well ahead of their competitors and are primed for continued growth and enduring success.
This is an energised and entrepreneurial culture, in which every employee works diligently to foster. They are an opportunistic growth company that delivers long-term prosperity to all employees. Career opportunities are as unlimited as any employees’ aspirations and hunger.
Combining the above with leadership that has distinguished itself from competitors with quality product offerings and genuine customer service, they have employed robust operating systems but still employ gut-feel and common sense to make key decisions. This is still a truly entrepreneurial environment.
A key element to that growth and marketing positioning is the recruitment of a highly commercial Finance Director.
The role as Finance Director is an outstanding opportunity to not only take a key role in an exciting, market leading, business, but one that offers the chance to lead a critical central-function right at the heart of the business’ performance and reputation.
Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Director will take an active part on the Senior Management Team.
The Finance Director assumes overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of company strategy and is expected to analyse figures and implement recommendations based on these findings with the most profitable outcomes.
They will lead the finance function through a Financial Controller; the coaching, development and mentoring of whom will be of primary importance, through the provision of learning and training opportunities that support development, retention and refinement of necessary skills, knowledge and expertise.
They will promote commercial understanding and develop initiatives to positively impact financial and commercial performance, and will seek to re-engineer existing practices to eliminate low or no value activities, ensuring efficient work flows.
This is a strategic leadership role, not just operational management. This is a very fast-paced, customer focused business. Responding to that pace and focus and driving it, is a critical function of the Finance Function. The Finance Director will provide dynamic leadership to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of all processes, refining and re-designing where necessary; crucially whilst complying to and seeking to gain commercial advantage from the myriad of regulations this sector is governed by.
Understanding and successfully managing the finance function in accordance with these regulations will be vital for the long-term success of both the role and the business – not only in helping to ensure the business is compliant, but also to ensure the values, mission and vision the organisation continue to be at the forefront of decision-making and strategy, along with resolute customer service and satisfaction. Strategic and operational intelligence will be critical, as will a natural solution finding demeanour.
Maximising the Financial and Commercial performance of the business will be the primary task for the Finance Director, driving the best route to high growth and continued success. A close working relationship with the CEO will be key to the appointees success.
Team development, leadership and inspiration are critical aspects of this role. Quality and staff retention is high across the group through operational, strategic and above all, personal leadership input and direction. The business has a strong ‘team’ ethos and culture, and is known as a very employee engaged business. This role will be critical to that reputation as the business continues to grow.
The Finance Director will be one of the most influential people, and personalities within the business.
This is a high profile leadership position as the Director responsible for the businesses Financial and Commercial performance. The appointee will have a proven Finance Leadership background with a regulated service business, leading a dynamic, entrepreneurial and commercial finance function.
He/she will possess excellent interpersonal skills, be adept at mixing strategic planning & direction whilst retaining a hands-on capability, possessing strong process management abilities, and be a robust decision-maker and a ‘finisher’. The role involves providing strategic and operational leadership as well as practical support not only to the Commercial and Finance functions, but also to the business as a whole.
Experience of managing and developing a dynamic finance function in a high growth, highly regulated business is essential, as is a proven track record of designing and overseeing the delivery of multiple processes and programmes, with particular focus on financial delivery and performance.
The successful candidate will have strong influencing skills and be able to put across his or her ideas and views clearly to both peers and all members within the business and it’s leadership team. In addition, he/she will have strong communication skills and be capable of liaising with a broad cross-section of fucntions, skillsets and capability levels to discuss all matters financial.
The appointee will exude enthusiasm and demonstrate an outstanding work ethic – this is a culture where hard work is expected, celebrated and rewarded. This is not a 9-to-5 job. They will be constantly questioning those above and below them, but more importantly, constantly questioning (and challenging) themselves….
…..but the appointee will have gravitas. It will be immediately obvious to all around them why they have been selected and appointed. They will have the behavioural and technical skills to earn and retain respect. They will be a centre of ideation within the business, as well as acting as prime ‘sounding board’ to the CEO.
They will inspire not only their department, but everyone within the business. They will be motivating as well as motivated.
Alongside their astute leadership capabilities, they will be an ‘action’ style manager. Their attention to detail will be second to none, and will be contagious. They will never see themselves as ‘too big’ for any task within the department, and will gain huge satisfaction from developing the team in every regard, form and function.
- You will possess a strong and highly impressive finance management/leadership background, gained within an entrepreneurial environment.
- You will preferably have experienced working within a regulated sector and have relished the opportunity to bring about ethical AND commercial wins ahead of the market and it’s competitors. You will have enjoyed talking the path less trodden; and want to do it again.
- Director level team leadership exposure within a Commercial Finance Function
- A minimum of 5 years financial and team management experience, including coaching and development, minimum of 3 years genuinely leading and inspiring a team
- 3 years exposure within aregulated business would be beneficial and heavily desirable.
- Ability to explain financial controls and management to non-finance colleagues
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- A strategic thinker and able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal).
- Ability to communicate and influence cross-functionally and culturally.
- Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long-term goals.
- Experience presenting to and working with other senior management team members.
- Natural control orientation but with he ability to judge risk profile against commercial opportunity
- Strong executive presence, polish and commercially savvy.
- Experience at mentoring and personal development.
- Demonstrable ability to understand and simply communicate complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way.
- Measured, but fun and dynamic in their management style, instilling a co-operative, high-energy, motivated team-oriented culture.
- The ideal candidate will already have a reputation and track record of success as an exemplary finance leader.
- Bright, dynamic, and possessing superior verbal and written communication skills, the successful candidate will have the engaging personality to inspire and create excitement with their team, as well as across the entire organisation.
- The successful candidate will also be strategic and innovative with an external awareness to understand the nuances of complex processes and procedures within a regulated environment.
- Utilising a highly solution based, consultative style; Be experienced in teaching and developing their team(s) to identify and define business needs and develop innovative solutions.
- They will be a tireless, high-energy professional with an entrepreneurial flair and will possess a brand of confidence, which allows for delegation and empowerment to his/her team.
- He/she will be a team player that has experienced a broad-reaching but largely non-hierarchical structure.
- The individual must have demonstrated an ability to achieve or exceed his/her objectives while working in concert with other managers/directors. He/she must possess excellent interpersonal skills, the highest level of integrity, and be able to inspire trust and confidence.
- Finally, this executive must have a level of business maturity, flexibility and the instincts to adapt to a young, exciting, high-energy, dynamic environment characterised by high growth expectations and a collaborative culture…..and have a sense of humour and fun at all times.
Or complete the below: