Infrastructure & Engineering Services
c£65-70,000 plus car & exec package.
Outstanding opportunity to join a market leading, Infrastructure & Engineering Services business as Financial Controller. A newly created role within this trailblazing entrepreneurial business in response to ongoing growth as they surpass £50m turnover.
Following the growth and recent restructuring, the business has the desire to recruit for a motivated and dynamic Financial Controller to work very closely with their highly experienced Finance Director to continually improve the reach of the finance function in a quest for ever greater commercial and financial performance.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance department, operational finance team and reporting functions. The role oversees business risk ensuring a sound internal control environment exists and there is visibility in all key financial and commercial metrics.
Working closely with the Finance Director to achieve the strategic aims of the business and drive though ever greater commercial understanding in the team and wider business as a whole, you will be expected to apply good financial and commercial acumen to the role, proactively manage the cashflow forecasting/position, P&L and balance sheet of the business, add a layer of due diligence to the function and be able to effectively deputise for the FD when required.
Providing strong Financial Controls along with the ability to interpret, comment on and report accurately to the key stakeholders, they will also have the desire and ability to drive through continuous improvements within this high-growth, profitable business.
The appointee will be a qualified accountant with a track record of success in a similar role for a fast-paced contract service business.
This is a broad Financial Controller role which requires applicants to have a strong control and reporting background, but also the ability to add commercial ‘nous’ to the number. They will constantly follow successful outcomes by asking ‘What else can we do…?’
You will be in charge of all technical and regulatory accounting and reporting for the business. In addition, the role holder will be responsible for co-ordinating annual budgets and monthly profit and cash forecasting. Managing a small team, the successful candidate will be required to drive performance through up-skilling employee capability and re-engineering of processes.
They will soon get to grips with the finance function, adding visibility and understanding to the numbers and soon look for continuous improvement in broader areas of commercial performance; commercial finance, corporate governance, internal audit, GDPR, etc
This is no stand-still role, the successful appointee will be set on an ambitious career path and have their eye on their first FD appointment in the medium term.
- Production of timely, relevant and accurate financial reporting
- Oversee submission of statutory reporting requirements (Stats, Corp tax, PAYE, Vat, Company filing)
- Management, motivation and development of accounts team, overseeing and ensuring quality output from each of the respective areas
- Ensure monthly sign off of payroll, expenses, DD tracker, purchase ledger payment runs
- Develop internal management reporting systems
- Develop internal control systems and processes to mitigate financial risks
- Production of annual budgets
- Store bonus target setting and performance
- Store performance monitoring and review
- Assisting with on-going commercial & financial performance
Key Experience and Skills
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Previous contract services industry (Facilities Management, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure maintenance, etc) experience would be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a Finance team in a fast-paced environment
- Resilient by nature, adaptable to change, passionate with a real desire to succeed
- Able to credibly communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally to the business
- Ability to present accurate financial data in a concise manner and has good attention to detail
- Can deliver to deadlines and thrives under pressure
- The ability to constantly question themselves and others as they strive for continuous improvement.
- Have a clear knowledge of what that have done, but be more excited by what they can do.
This is an amazing opportunity for a hungry, career focussed finance professional with their eyes on an FD appointment. Working with a market leading business and highly experienced and knowledgeable Finance Director, the prospects for the appointee are even more impressive than the business.
For further details, please forward a CV and salary details to email@example.com, or complete the below: