Financial Controller – Infrastructure
Infrastructure, Groundworks & Civil Engineering Services
c£50,000 plus package
Outstanding opportunity to join a young, privately Infrastructure & Engineering Services business as Financial Controller. A newly created role within this entrepreneurial business in response to unexpectedly high growth and change.
Following this growth, the business has the desire to recruit for a motivated and experienced Financial Controller to work very closely with the management team to continually improve the reach of the finance function in a quest for ever greater commercial and financial performance, as well as ensure all controls and processes in place are suitable for a growth business; improving them where necessary.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance department and financial reporting requirements.
Providing strong financial controls and reporting, along with the ability to interpret, comment on and report accurately to the key stakeholders, they will also have the desire and ability to drive through improvements where relevant.
The appointee will ideally be a qualified accountant with a track record of success in a accounting/financial management contract service business.
You will be responsible for monthly reporting, cashflow forecasting, working capital, balance sheet reconciliations, VAT, and compliance, along with standard accounting responsibilities for the business as a whole. In addition, the role holder will be responsible for assisting with annual budgets and have input onto job costing working with QSs. Managing a small team, the successful candidate will be required to drive performance through up-skilling employee capability and refreshing processes.
This is no stand-still role, the successful appointee will be set on an ambitious career path and have their eye on career progression in the medium term.
- Production of timely, relevant and accurate financial reporting
- Assist with the submission of statutory reporting requirements (Stats, Corp tax, PAYE, Vat, Company filing)
- Management, motivation, and development of the small accounts team, overseeing and ensuring quality output from each of the respective areas
- Ensure monthly sign off of payroll, expenses, DD tracker, purchase ledger payment runs
- Assisting with the production of annual budgets
Key Experience and Skills
- Preferably a qualified accountant or able to work to that level
- Previous contract services industry (Construction, Facilities Management, Civil Engineering, Infrastructure maintenance, etc) experience would be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable experience of managing a small Finance team in a fast-paced environment
- Resilient by nature, adaptable to change, passionate with a real desire to succeed
- Able to credibly communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally to the business
- Ability to present accurate financial data in a concise manner and has good attention to detail
- Can deliver to deadlines and thrives under pressure
- The ability to constantly question themselves and others as they strive for continuous improvement.
- Have a clear knowledge of what that have done, but be more excited by what they can do.
This is an amazing opportunity for a hungry, career focussed finance professional with their eyes on an exciting career in finance.
Or complete the below: