c£50k + attractive benefits package & bonus
My client is a high-profile Luxury Consumer Brand Retailer with an enviable selection of global brands and ‘labels’ in its portfolio. The business now has the need for a hungry, dynamic Financial Controller to join the expanding new management team who embarking on an aggressive growth strategy.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be primarily tasked with ensuring rigorous financial control within across the business, driving through change where appropriate and providing stakeholders internally and externally with accurate, timely and relevant financial information. They will demonstrate high energy levels and a genuine can-do attitude and possess the ability to deputise for the FD where required. They will be tasked with making a significant impact on the development and delivery of business’s Financial, Commercial and Operational Strategy.
The appointee will be ACA/ACMA qualified (or equivalent), with experience of delivering change and organic growth within a brand orientated retail/luxury product environment.
Working closely with the Main Board, the successful candidate will be a confident communicator with excellent leadership and people skills with demonstrable ability to influence effectively at all levels.
Whether this is your first Financial Controller appointment or not, it will be immediately obvious why you have been appointed, and your credentials will instil immediate credibility with the Group’s management team.
The appointee will have obvious sound technical skills and have demonstrated the practical application of these in their current and previous roles. They will also have experience of Group level reporting to strict monthly deadlines and recent exposure to a wholesale/distribution/retail background.
- Full day to day operational responsibility for the finance function (existing team of 11 across Reporting, Payroll, Purchase and Sale Ledger, Stock Control and Management Accounts)
- Recruit, lead, develop and motivate that team to evolve and become a 1st in class Finance department
- Responsibility for all financial reporting (weekly trading accounts, management accounts & year end statutory requirements)
- Oversee the production of accurate and timely annual budgets, quarterly reforecasts and weekly cash flow forecasts
- Ensure compliance with tax requirements and work with external advisors to minimise tax burden for the business
- Risk management – Assist in managing external relationships and associated internal processes (audit, insurance, legal, energy, operational banking and transactional relationships)
- Ongoing pro-active management of overheads in the business to drive down costs in all areas
- Challenge and improve existing controls and processes in the finance team and wider business taking full ownership for the internal control environment
- Contribute to commercial decision making and assist FD in setting strategy for the team and wider business
- Management, review and sign off of all outgoings in the business ensuring rigorous checks are done
- Project management of key strategic initiatives and systems development (from evaluation, through testing and implementation to live use)
- Ability to deputise for Finance Director when required
Key Performance Measures
- Ensure management, flash and weekly accounts are reported accurately and to deadline
- Statutory accounts are filed within 3 months of year end and maintain all companies house compliances
- Ensure satisfactory tax compliance (PAYE, VAT and Corporation tax)
- Ensure consistent quality of output from accounts team
- Monthly deadlines for all types of payment are hit (ie bonuses, payroll, purchase ledger etc)
The appointee will be an impressive, and competent commercially motivated financial professional, well able to work and make decisions based on their own volition. They will have experienced the benefit of developing strong communications skills and will recognise that as a key aspect in the success of any management and leadership role.
They will be highly organised and strong team player being both motivated and motivating. They will thrive on change and will relish the opportunity to join such a high-growth, changeable environment.
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Previous retail industry (multisite environment) experience a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a Finance team in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to join a class leading business and take a dramatic career defining step in the career path to a main board position.
For further details, or to apply, please forward an up to date CV by email, detailing your currently salary package and notice period.
or complete the below form: