Global Aerospace Engineering Group
£125-140,000 plus exec package
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a market leading, Global Aerospace Engineering Group. They possess an enviable reputation across the globe and a client list to match, but are set to climb to even greater heights thanks to an aggressive commercial strategy, including M&A. This impressive business has constantly kept ahead of competition, and has a clear focus on technical input and product innovation to be seen as a preeminent operator in all markets they exist within. Quality of product and service is at the core of the business.
Technical awareness and knowledge has long been the strength of the business and has led the business to some of the largest supplier contracts in the world within their sector(s). They have developed a highly enviable client list with the world’s most prestigious aerospace businesses across the western hemisphere, ensuring class-leading service-delivery with realistic objectives together with supreme customer service. Their consistency of service delivery is unparalleled.
The business is performing well-above industry average, but they are focused on further cementing their market position, constantly evaluating and refining/developing their strategy and increasing their market share whilst re-investing heavily into the business to continue and accelerate its growth and financial position. They invest significantly in both process technology AND in personnel to ensure the highest of standard of both product and service are maintained.
This desire to continue to develop, along with their default culture of high motivation and energy, has led to the need to recruit into a newly created role of Group Sales Director to further penetrate into the global Aerospace Sector. This is a role to take already open doors and push them further open.
The appointee will take a high degree of autonomy in the development and leadership of this market, but with the full support of the Board, led by the newly appointed CEO, a well-known industry leader. The successful candidate will design, develop and implement a clear strategy to profitably expand the value and volume of sales with all the major Aerospace ‘players’.
They will already know majority of the key contacts within the major aerospace market leaders, especially within Airbus Central or Rolls-Royce, as well as other primary OEMs and Tier One organisations, and have good working relationships with them. They will furthermore be tasked with identifying suitable new sponsors and business partners in target businesses and regions, and where appropriate, assist in the selection, training and ultimately the management of the appointed partners to achieve the agreed profitability and sales targets as well as the on-going performance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To determine the best strategy to develop and increase profitable sales and maximise the benefits of the product portfolio and the brand and service within select, target businesses
- To develop a commercial strategy of developing further strategic individual relationships within key client companies, with the objective of increasing visibility and exposure, and ultimately, increasing sales value/volume
- To develop and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with key customers and partners
- To provide the required information to ensure timely and accurate communication
- Ensuring that the commercial function is consistently presented to a high level to promote a professional image to the internal and external customer
- To plan and prepare sales forecasts and budgets and ensure that sales profitability, volume and budget objectives are achieved
- Ensure that all management information is produced and distributed within the stated deadlines
- Proactively work towards the achievement of the company overall budgets and forecasts
- To ensure that limits of authority and sign off levels are adhered to
Business Processes & Safety:
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and to ensure that controls are effective
- Ensure that you are aware and comply with all company policies including health and safety
- Undertake regular reviews of your function to improve customer service, performance and productivity
Specific Performance Deliverables and KPIs:
- The sales and profit performance of the Company and especially your designated businesses/markets.
- Meeting various deadlines
- Accuracy of budgets and forecasts
- Customer satisfaction performance of your function
- Implementation of cost reduction solutions
- Improvement and delivery of management information
- Results driven
- Customer service focus
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring
- Judgement and decision-making
- Forward thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting and networking skills
- Excellent negotiation and numeracy skills
- Ability to lead, and work within a team
- Excellent people management skills
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure customer development
- Must be able to travel internationally when required
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably degree educated
- Experience of the Aerospace Engineering sector; manufacturing or supply-chain
- Strong and demonstrable exposure to key Aerospace organisations, especially Airbus Central, Rolls-Royce, or other primary OEMs and Tier One organisations
- Experience of selling and dealing with ‘value added’ highly technical services/products
- European commercial exposure, European language (especially French) particularly of interest
- Demonstrable ability to lead process changes
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience.
This is a career defining, fantastic opportunity for an experienced, operationally aware and commercial client-facing professional, with exposure to the European Aerospace sector, to add significant value to an already high-performing market leader
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or complete the below: