c£70,000 plus package
This is an outstanding opportunity for a commercial and forward looking Buying & Merchandising Manager to join a market leading, multi channel retail business, already seen as a standard-setter in their market but with ambitious and aggressive expansion plans that will see their position further cemented. The growth strategy will see their store numbers and financial turnover more than double in the next 3-5 years.
Critical to this strategy is the recruitment of a Head of Buying and Merchandising., This pivotal role, reporting directly to the Managing Director, will be tasked with maximise sales and profitability in accordance with Company growth strategy.
- Effectively lead, drive and manage the buying and merchandising team to achieve maximum results
- Effectively direct and manage all aspects of the supply chain
- Form the strategic direction for range and stock management
- Drive understanding and improve business performance through data analysis and reporting
- Overall responsibility for ensuring sales are maximised through product availability
- Ensure KPI’s and costs are in line with budget and supply chain plans
- Formulate and implement seasonal merchandising strategies
- Oversee weekly forecasts of sales and stock at total, category and line level
- Overall responsibility for managing stock levels and Open To Buy
- Build strong supplier relationships to ensure the business is fully supported to achieve its plans
- Keep abreast of both competitor and customer trends and adapt strategies accordingly
The appointee will have an impressive track record as a high performer in fast-paced retail environment at Senior Merchandiser level or above. The will have experience of working in a Multi-channel environment and be able to demonstrate exemplary people management and development skills. Experience of supplier relationship management will be essential and exposure to working with international branded products will set you apart from the other applicants.
The successful candidate will have the demonstrable ability to embrace and lead change, committed to continuous improvement/development. They will be a genuine team player at all levels but have supreme customer focus – with impeccable communication and interpersonal skills in both areas. The appointee will be a strong motivator as well and being motivated, and be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills couple with a results orientated approach.
For further information, or to apply please forward a CV by email, here
Or complete the below: