Head of Delivery
£100,000 + Executive Package & Excellent Prospects
This is an outstanding opportunity to join, and become an instrumental part of the future one of the region’s most exciting tech start-ups.
Exceptionally well-funded, they are part way into a £25m project that is set to become an industry benchmark platform for one of the most recognisable and dominant brands in the UK.
Owned by an innovative parent company, itself owned by one of the most successful and notable entrepreneurs in the UK, they differentiate themselves not only by an exclusively independent structure, but also by the strength of their team, able to offer a unique solution to their client base covering design, development and overall project strategy, all with the autonomy and commercial advantage their ownership structure brings.
A critical element to success of this ground-breaking project is the recruitment of a highly experienced Head of Delivery, an inspirational, results orientated member of the leadership team, bringing class-defining leadership and delivery capability to this fantastic business, along with management qualities to further secure a bright and successful future for this already market leading group.
The role as Head of Delivery is an outstanding opportunity to not only take a key role in this exciting Tech business, but to be a key part of, and benefit from, the its future.
This executive appointee will be quickly become a key influencer within the business, taking responsibility for the leadership and delivery of this £25m project, including day-to-day operational management, short/medium/long-term planning and their ability to measure and deliver both more effectively, and commercially.
The Head of Delivery will be responsible for the delivery of this £multi-million project; this groundbreaking platform into their first customer, and beyond. They will work closely with the other members of the leadership team to ensure they achieve their business goals and will bring proven delivery methods to the team.
They will line manage a team of Programme and Project Managers to develop a high-performing team, driving process improvements and encouraging problem solving at all times. Working with the team you will review the business capacity and make key decisions on resourcing and priority.
Alongside technical capability and delivery expertise, project management relationships and the leadership of those key relationships across the business will be at the centre of this role, as part of ensuring the delivery and efficient running of the project, and the business as a whole, as they continue up their impressive exponential growth curve.
This still young, still lithe and still ‘maverick’ business is dominated by the strength of its team. As the team numbers grow, the leadership, performance and quality of the delivery team will be ever more important, as will the leadership voice the Head of Delivery has.
- Leading the delivery teams, ensuring workflow is optimized through planning, vision and 360 degree communication – ensuring all component projects are delivered on time and to the highest quality
- Taking ownership for the efficiency and effectiveness of all the project management teams, evolving (and revolutionising) workflow planning and management
- Ensure all objectives and obligations are satisfied – and exceeded where possible
- Improving visibility and simplifying internal procedures as much as possible
- Managing resources, planning, recruiting and training as business needs require
- Experience in delivering multi-million pound software programmes
- Understanding of technology
- The ability enhance processes
- Strong 3rd party management skills
- Experience of efficiently managing multiple teams to ensure optimum delivery
- Able to quickly establish key issues and efficiently organise self and others to deliver solutions.
- Must be highly organised, self-motivated, with excellent attention to detail.
- Someone who can thrive in an open, challenging and supportive environment.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Team Player who is driven and determined to succeed.
- Passion for delivery.
- A track record of delivering large, complex software programmes.
- Hard working and willing to go above and beyond to deliver.
- Loves working as part of a team and collaborating with others.
- Has an interest in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Knowledge or experience of a B2C industry is a distinct advantage.
Working with other members of the executive team, the Head of Delivery will be a key influencer, as well as a key component in the success of this project, and thus of the business.
Candidate profile and chemistry fit is critical for this pivotal role. Working within a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment, attitude is as important as experience. The person is everything. The Head of Delivery will be instrumental in setting the tone, energy and culture for the business, internally and externally….and in turn design its success. The gravity of success is all about having the right attitude, underpinned with demonstrable experience.
The appointee will be a proven, delivery focused individual who shares the business values in collaboration, creativity and innovative ideas to drive the delivery of this business critical, highly complex, multi-million pound platform. They will be passionate about leading multiple concurrent delivery teams to reach the business’s goals in a fast-paced environment.
They will possess excellent 3rd party management skills, understanding the demands of delivering with internal development, alongside offshore development and 3rd party integrations.
Suitable candidates will be high achieving professionalswith a strong ethos in supreme, multi-stream service delivery and background in creating and managing a culture of success internally and externally.They will have demonstrable £multi-million programme delivery exposure behind them, but will possess a highly commercial, service delivery and business performance focus, aligned to demonstrable leadership and operational capability.
The appointee will constantly strive for excellence and demonstrate personal drive and resilience, with a mature approach to set-backs should they occur. They will be obviously self motivated & able to work on own initiative whilst putting company needs before own and possess the ability to think flexibly and laterally.
They will be a model team player, as both leader and member, working together with other members of the leadership team, right up to the owner, for the common good and future performance of the company. Crucially, they will have flexibility and a capacity to adapt to the changing demands of the job as the project, and business grows.
This is a career defining role, acting as ‘General’ and right hand-person to the MD; delivering, enabling them to focus on broader business expansion, longer term planning and commercial gain. There is a very real desire for this role to grow into a Chief Operating Officer, and overall business leadership role.
The successful candidate will have significant technical and entrepreneurial ability and desire, and be hugely excited by a very high paced environment, thick with USPs – technical, creative strength is underpinned by a real “Just Do It” attitude.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or complete the below: