Head of Digital Marketing
Omni Channel Retail
£80,000 + Benefits
This is an outstanding opportunity to take control of the Digital Marketing for one of the country’s leading retailers as they seek to further increase their already cutting edge digital & eCommerce proposition to continue to drive online sales as as well as strengthen and more closely integrate their true omni-channel strategy.
They are a well established, Top-3 niche retailer that has enjoyed years of great success on a national scale. A treble-digit network of stores (and treble digit turnover) and a multi-brand offering has seen them revolutionise their sector in product offering, value for money and digital pricing parity.
Since embracing an omni-channel strategy, their success and growth has accelerated. This has led to the requirement to recruit a Head of Digital Marketing, tasked with managing, and crucially, driving the overall commercial performance of all group websites, maximising the effectiveness and impact of their class leading capability.
This is a fantastic time to join group, as they hit a crucial time in their growth period. The Head of Digital Marketing will be responsible for driving customer acquisition cross paid media and natural search and play a pivotal role in the business by leading Digital Marketing team. The scope of the role covers all biddable media channels such as PPC, retargeting, paid social, programmatic display, as well as SEO, across the whole suite of online products – mobile, app, desktop, as well as driving footfall into store. Some of these channels are already opened but still in the early stage with opportunity to grow, while some are not yet established. Therefore, this role provides a unique and exciting opportunity for the candidate to make a real, value-adding difference.
This role requires an in-depth understanding of the customer’s omnichannel journey and how to deploy each channel to the best effect to successfully engage and acquire new customers. The successful candidate will bring proven experience and a successful track record in setting up and scaling these channels profitably, across international markets and multiple platforms, utilising a data-driven approach.
Reporting directly to the Board and with daily contact with the well-known Group Chief Executive Officer, the scope of this role is virtually limitless, entrepreneurial spirit and hunger is as desired as it is fostered. The appointee will be instrumental, through their marketing input, with developing market leading eCommerce propositions including website design, functionality, effectiveness and delivering the highest levels of service, all whilst operating in the most commercial and strategically ambitious manner possible.
- Contribute to integrated campaign strategy and plans, outlining key marketing themes, messages and offers throughout the year
- Support the Director in the development and execution of plans, forecasts and budgets that help achieve overall business objectives
- Oversee and manage the Budget and ROI responsibility for all search marketing channels on a day to day basis
- Oversee and manage all the search marketing media to drive incremental footfall/traffic and profitable sales, and to monetise all opportunities whether online or in-store and put in place effective testing programmes to open out new channel opportunities to drive growth
- Put in place the right cross channel attribution tool so they have a good understanding of the customer user journey and are using data to optimise their media
- Drive and accelerate digital media performance (through continual monitoring and optimising) against Traffic, CPA, ROAS and COS
- Own the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual digital media targets and KPIs ensuring there is a sense of pace and urgency to achieving them
- Work independently, or with Analysts as appropriate, on the interrogation of all available analytical data to identify clear opportunities for growth and development
- Coach and mentor the team to deliver on day-to-day plans and activities at a granular level whilst keeping an eye on the bigger picture
- Manage and nurture day-to-day relationships with media owners, and other third party partners, ensuring that they get the appropriate support and access to enable us to achieve objectives. Specifically, help to establish good relationships with key partners such as Google, Facebook, etc.
- Champion tech developments internally that support better digital media performance, and increased process and spend efficiency
- Constantly keep up-to-date with industry innovation to open out new opportunities
- Work closely with the Head of Online Experience and the Trading team to optimise conversion and personalisation on site depending on traffic source
What success will look like (non exhaustive list):
- Buy-in of digital media plans from Marketing and Commercial Director
- Priority KPIs showing an upward trajectory including, but not limited to,
- Traffic / footfall
- Conversion rates
- Sales and profit growth
- A well developed and happy team, and third party suppliers who are adding value
- Effective member of marketing team
- Bachelor Degree: Marketing or related (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years in ecommerce/acquisition role (agency and/or client side)
- Proven success at a managment level and exceptional knowledge of the digital marketplace
- Significant experience implementing digital strategies including PPC, SEO
- Exceptional at using data to drive decision-making
- Very hands-on and execution focused but also able to see the bigger picture
- Strong and dynamic manager who can inspire a team, and coach/mentor them to achieve success
- Passionate about innovation and customers
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to articulately communicate at all levels and successfully build productive working relationships
- Well-rounded leader of high-performing teams
- Be able to confidently present at a senior level, and field questions posed
- Excellent persuading and influencing skills at all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A passion for fragrance, retail and beauty
- Proactive, self-starter and a team player
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures that sit within the marketing department
- Has the skillset to manage more difficult assignments through to completion.
- Works with a high degree of autonomy and works proactively to achieve set KPI’s and objectives
- Has the responsibility and autonomy to work with brand suppliers and manage agencies
- Has now built the required knowledge and toolkit required to execute their role from end to end. Seen as example to junior members of the team.
- Works cross functionally with interdependent teams to contribute to business requirements and procedures.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with line manager on unusual matters.Will manage the workloads and be assisted by Entry/Junior or Intermediate members of the team.
- Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Deals openly, honestly and transparently with issues and people and builds credibility with other areas of the business.
- Communicates clearly with teams, can balance multiple projects simultaneously and executes plans with pace to make things happen.
- Handles pressure and difficult situations calmly, maintaining sound judgement and not being knocked off balance but the unexpected.
- Cultivates an environment in which the team understand and works towards realising the business units objectives, aligns work processes, priorities and practices to achieve these goals.
- Strong commercial awareness – directs resources towards achieving business strategic growth objectives.
- Puts the customer at the centre of all decisions and has absolute clarity on who the customer is.
- Integrity & Trust
- Planning & Organising
- Resilience & Composure
- Leading & Managing
- Persuading & Influencing
- Business Acumen
- Drive traffic to all sites profitably
- Traffic driving strategies
- Budget & ROI management
- Forecasting & analysis
- Alignment with B&M, ecommerce trading & UX
- Drive YOY traffic growth of x%
- Improve overall COS & ROAS by x%
- Deliver x of online revenue for IB in next 12 months
- Deliver x of revenue for SA in next 12 months
- Improve growth from natural search
- Introduce new revenue channels – prospecting, retargeting
The successful candidates will have retail digital marketing exposure as well as a strong commercial, business and marketing background. You will be able to lead and report on the operational performance of the eCommerce offering(s) as well as the metrics of conversion, usability price setting and over trading.
Cultural fit will be essential. This is a fast paced, highly energetic entrepreneurial environment where no two days are the same and ideas fill the air, constantly. The appointee will be self motivated, but will also be motivating to all around them, but you will be able to perform the role of calming influence, demonstrating methodical solution finding as well as strategic thinker. You will have a constant desire to make every idea, process and function better, more efficient and more effective both at a strategic level, but also delving into the minutia, especially with the websites. You will crave the ability to constantly develop all aspects of the eCommerce offering, seeking to add extra percentages to conversion rates, average spend, repeat purchases and all commercial metrics.
You will have the hunger to be one of the best eCommerce professionals in the market – this business will give the platform, the tools and the opportunity to make it happen.
Or complete the below form: