c£50,000 plus package
Outstanding opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading Chemical Manufacturing businesses in a newly created role forming part of the Group’s long-term succession plan.
With over 80% of their production currently exported to all 5 continents of the world, this business is a huge success story as well as benefitting massively from current exchange rate positions.
Established in early last century, the business has dominated their industry being a consistent top-3 producer/supplier across the world. A huge spread of industrial customers has seen a minimal risk profile, allowing them to concentrate on the technical capability and quality of both product and service.
Despite their century old heritage, they have constantly kept ahead of competition through high levels of energy and innovation as well as a clear focus on technical input and product innovation to become top, second or third largest supplier in all markets they exist within.
The company focus is one of providing quality-defined products as their core business, with a clear emphasis on the technical input and guidance into correct product selection. They ensure all business processes are tailored towards customer focus and satisfaction whilst maximizing commercial performance.
The business was one of the first independent manufacturers to be accredited in the UK with ISO 9002. The firm has held this quality award since the 1980s demonstrating at the time, professional pioneering in this area. They have consistantly achieved and over-achieved all relevant ISO accreditation requirements since.
Quality is still their key performance objective.
Prestigious customers across the globe choose this business as their supplier, taking advantage of their depth of technical awareness and extensive knowledge. They work closely with distribution partners to achieve realistic objectives and provide the best possible customer service. Batch to batch consistent product quality and numerous relationship specific investments are at the core of their offering.
This is a highly motivated company, dedicated to meeting the requirements of customers and distribution partners.
The business is achieving well-above industry average EBITDA figures, but is focused on re-investing heavily into the business to continue and accelerate its growth and financial might. They invest significantly in both process technology AND in personnel to ensure the highest of standard of both product and service are maintained.
As they continue to grow at an unprecedented rate, the need for a Head of Process and Continuous Improvement is critical to the onward success, and development of the business.
Technical capability is at the centre of this business, but the ability to efficiently and consistently improve their manufacturing process becomes vital to ensure maximization of opportunities. With quality being their prime KPI, Process Manufacturing strategies are key to onward development. The introduction of Lean, environmentally aware manufacturing principles are a key focus to pave the way for increased utlisation of existing, recently invested in, manufacturing facilities. With all manufacturing taking place on one UK based site, opportunities are rich for commercial beneficial change.
Reporting to the Technical Director and acting as a number two in authority, this newly created role as Head of Process And Continuous Improvement Lead will be responsible for Continuous Improvement of Production Processes to enhance efficiency and product quality.
Key focus will be:
- Introduction of operational excellence and problem solving tools
- Day to Day management of the Quality and Environmental systems
- To work with Team Leaders to enhance equipment effectiveness whilst being aware of product quality requirements.
- To utilise statistical techniques to identify process related influences that can be modified to improve performance and/or product quality.
- To work with the Technical Director to understand and manage the whole product portfolio and ensure the grade range is optimal to support the market.
- To understand the application areas for individual grades and define quality requirements and measures.
- To work with the Technical Director to define all new product projects ensuring a clear understanding of the effort, risks and returns.
- To work with product development staff, to ensure all new products are suitable for manufacture on the plant efficiently and safely.
- To keep pace with all new industry technology both on materials and equipment to ensure new innovation is utilised where possible.
- To manage on a day to basis the company Quality Management System (QMS)
- To manage on a day to day basis the company Environmental Management System (EMS)
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Promote safe working at all times. Ensure that safe working systems and practices are in use at all times.
- Understand and advise on Health and Safety legislation requirements with regard to all aspects of the business.
- Ensure prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, near misses and breaches of rules.
- To attend the following meetings:
- Production meetings Daily
- Team Briefing Quarterly
- Sales Meetings Monthly
- Site Management Meetings Quarterly
- Site Safety Meetings Bi-annually
- To communicate with customers (including visits) on new projects
- To develop and maintain a system of ensuring all are aware of the status of projects
- To report on performance with the QMS and EMS
- To manage all Auditing aspects of the QMS and EMS
The successful candidate will be a leader. They will succeed through motivation, influence and encouragement, backed up with high levels of knowledge, experience and common sense. They will be used to getting the absolute best out of people without resorting to authority and ‘pulling rank’. Their style will be informed engagement and influence over direction and micro management, but they will ensure optimum processes are not only designed, but are superbly implemented, understood and effected across the business.
The Head of Process & Continuous Improvement will have gravitas, they will command and earn respect, rather than expect it. Their knowledge, experience AND personality will be the key to outstanding performance across the entire Product Management process(es). They will be the natural deputy and heir-apparent to the Technical Director and form a key part of the Senior Management Team.
The appointee will be educated to degree standard in an engineering, manufacturing or materials science based subject. Exposure to, or qualifications in Six Sigma (Ideally Green or Black Belt, but Yellow or Brown will be sufficient) as well as Lean Manufacturing Principles will be a heavy advantage. A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a process related manufacturing environment with role related experience in either production or technical functions. Health and Safety management experience is also beneficial.
Or complete the below: