c£70,000 per annum / c£300-350 per day
Market leading, entrepreneurial Omni-Channel Retailer requires an Interim Financial Controller for 12 months contract, with chance of permanent opportunity for the right person. This is a trailblazing business, experiencing significant growth through their 200+ high-street store network, plus benchmark-setting eCommerce offering.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance department, operational finance team and reporting functions. The role oversees business risk ensuring a sound internal control environment exists and there is effective compliance to all statutory obligations.
Working closely with the CFO to achieve the strategic aims of the business and drive though change in the team and wider business as a whole, you will be expected to apply good commercial acumen to the role, proactively manage the P&L and balance sheet of the business and be able to effectively deputise for the CFO when required.
Providing strong Financial Controls along with the ability to interpret, comment on and report accurately to the key stakeholders, they will also have the desire and ability to drive through change within this high-growth, profitable, cash-rich retailer.
The appointee will be qualified (ACA, ACCA) with a track record of success in a similar role for a fast paced retail business.
This is a broad Financial Controller role which requires applicants to have a strong controls and reporting background, but also the ability to add commercial ‘nous’ to the number.
You will be in charge of all technical and regulatory accounting and reporting for the business. In addition, the role holder will be responsible for co-ordinating annual budgets and monthly profit and cash forecasting. Managing a small team, the successful candidate will be required to drive performance through up-skilling employee capability and re-engineering of processes.
- Production of timely, relevant and accurate financial reporting
- Oversee submission of statutory reporting requirements (Stats, Corp tax, PAYE, Vat, Company filing)
- Management, motivation and development of accounts team, overseeing and ensuring quality output from each of the respective areas
- Ensure monthly sign off of payroll, expenses, DD tracker, purchase ledger payment runs
- Develop internal management reporting systems
- Develop internal control systems and processes to mitigate financial risks
- Production of annual budgets
- Store bonus target setting and performance
- Store performance monitoring and review
- Assisting with on-going cost reduction programme
Key Experience and Skills
- Qualified chartered accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Previous retail industry (multisite environment) experience a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a Finance team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent Excel & IT skills
- Resilient by nature, adaptable to change, passionate with a real desire to succeed
- Able to credibly communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally to the business
- Ability to present accurate financial data in a concise manner and has good attention to detail
- Can deliver to deadlines and thrives under pressure
Or complete the below form: