This is an outstanding opportunity to lead a high growth, privately owned entrepreneurial Pharmaceutical group, specialising in the contract development and manufacture of specialised regulated products.
As a highly specialist, technologically advanced business, their spread of interests leaves them leading several markets and provides for continued, long-term revenue streams.
The business’s current strategy will see the business steadily grow year on year, as it has done over recent years, but there is a huge appetite to accelerate that growth.
Planned corporate/M&A activity in 12-18 months time is set to compliment organic growth objectives and deliver step-change to the business; a key element is now to prepare the business for that activity, and increase structural leadership, providing stability to the underlying business. This will be done via the appointment of an Interim Managing Director.
The appointee will be a proven Leader, with Pharmaceutical sector exposure, and will most likely have a very strong B2B Commercial/Sales background coupled with great commercial and operational ability.
They will be an inspirational leader, with strong entrepreneurial flair complimented with the ability to get their hands dirty. Whether a career interim manager, or an executive looking for an interim challenge, they will be adept at quickly learning and adding value to new environments, and will relish a very steep learning curve. Whilst leadership qualities are essential, the ability to work closely with other key members of the management team and board of this non-hierarchal business will be equally critical.
But this is a true leadership role. This business is running well, growing well and seeing increased profitability (currently increasing at c40% p/a). It does however lack a strong leader to bring increased focus, drive and accountability as the business readies itself for even greater growth and corporate activity. The current senior management team are high performing, and extremely capable in their respective fields, but would all, without question, benefit from a strong leader.
This will be a highly achievement focused role, and thus shortlisted candidates will have an impressive track record of achieving both in terms of sales/business growth and operational efficiency. This is a technical environment, and whilst specific technical/pharmaceutical exposure is not essential, the demonstrable ability to lead such an environment is.
You will thrive on exploring new opportunities and relish the opportunity to lead this high-performing business, further drive sales and general business performance to new heights. It will be immediately obvious why this interim appointee has been selected, their presence, personality and career achievements will make them stand out from the crowd and engender immediate respect and buy-in from the entire group.
- Proven business leader, experienced MD/CEO/GM, with experience in the Pharmaceutical sector, most likely with a B2B sales or highly commercial background, complimented by strong commercial and operational leadership achievements.
- The ability to very quickly get up to speed and assume a strong leadership role across a technical business.
- Demonstrable skills at instilling and heading up a strong leadership culture within an established, but still dynamic business.
- Ability to manage a growing international business in a complex, technical market.
- Ability to design and take ownership of the strategic vision for a complex Pharmaceutical business, as well as communicating, orchestrating and leading it’s delivery.
- Someone who has driven operation efficiencies whilst commercially driving a diverse business to sustainable growth. Experience of expanding a business into new markets would be an added benefit.
- Proven experience of creating and managing a fast growing and highly successful business with a diverse product range.
- A charismatic leader who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Ability to manage risk, across all functions, ensuring the efficiency of an integrated supply chain.
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations, and able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues, financial results and strategy
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, commercial and operational performance and a strong sense of accountability.
- Results driven
- Commercial focus
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring
- Judgement and decision-making
- Forward thinking
- Ability to lead technical, production and commercial teams
- Excellent people management skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure exemplary operational performance
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably degree educated, most likely within a science discipline.
- Experience of the Pharmaceutical/CDMO sector
- Demonstrable success in leading manufacturing function with a constant eye for continuous improvement. And the ability to lead process changes and instill robust leadership to the business.
- Proven ability to quickly understand a new environment, learn its strength and weaknesses and formulate an action plan.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience.
Whilst background is vital, it will be your experience, gravitas and drive will set you apart. This is a key interim leadership role in high growth/high change business.
The appointee will be self-motivated and have entrepreneurial flair, yet be organised, methodical and possess the ability to cope under pressure.
The business and thus this role is constantly striving for growth and improvements in everything it does; you will be someone who relishes such an environment and tackles it with a confident, outgoing personality and without being afraid of challenging the status-quo.
The business, and thus the role as Interim Managing Director, is focused on instilling a strong leadership role and readying the business for a period of high change and increasingly profitable growth. All stakeholders will benefit significantly from the success of this appointment. Including you?
To apply, please forward your CV by email
Or complete the below: