Internal Account Manager
c£25,000 plus bonus & package
This is a great opportunity for a Chemistry/Science graduate to kick start their career with an international group supplying a wide range of specialty chemical raw materials into a variety of industrial sectors.
Having seen their size more than double in the last 3 years, through both organic and inorganic strategies, this well-established business is now set on driving their own talent succession strategy as aggressively as their commercial growth.
UK-based, but with numerous European locations, this still entrepreneurial SME is underpinned by comprehensive technical resource as well as market leading operational facilities. They have an enviable reputation across the market, with a client list to match, but are primed to climb to even greater heights.
Critical to their growth plans, is the recruitment of two Internal Account Managers to add to the business’s commercial growth plans, as well as their talent succession programme. These are critical roles within the Sales Development activities of the company, to facilitate business growth through effective lead generation, customer management and commercial focus.
Appointees will be recent Chemistry or Science graduates, and will have had some commercial/sales experience, either before or since graduating.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery of budgeted targets, objectives and KPI’s as set
- Ability to collate and provide reporting through relevant market analysis and data
- Work with the Market Managers, Business Development Manager and Senior Management Team to devise and agree Sales Development strategy & achievement of set goals
- Identification & engagement with relevant customers and markets
- Identification, qualification and closure of leads
- Record all customer interaction within electronic CRM platform
- Determine and action criteria for prioritising in line with business objectives
- Proactively provide sales development proposals, properly qualified and quantified
- Key relationship builder with existing/new customers and colleagues
- Work closely with Market Assistants, the BMS & QMS to ensure we meet customer and principal requirements and enhance service levels to both
Job Role & Competencies
- Excellent telephone manner and people skills to form credible relationships with customers
- Excellent technical and analysis skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills (internally and externally)
- Ability to work on own initiative, utilising data and take relevant action where required
- Focused on creating new business by networking and connecting with potential customers
- Fully understands and supports the sales cycle involved with technical sales, concentrating on areas of highest return for the business
- Experience within the current industries in which the business operates or experience in a similar role within a relevant vertical
- Competent within MS Office – Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience using CRM platforms
- Provide reforecast and financial data as part of the budgeting process
- Ability to be a self-starter and work upon own initiative
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Analyse industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimise risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilise emerging opportunities
- Participate in establishing short-term and long-range planning and budget development of the company to support strategic business goals
- Develop a supplier management program with key customers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Operate at all times with the highest level of business integrity to ensure the good reputation of the company is enhanced and communicate internally and externally in a manner that improves the quality culture of the company.
- Operate the detailed processes and systems in current operational use, ensuring customer/supplier expectations are fulfilled, and the meaningful business relevant reports are produced
- Contact existing and potential new customers to identify further commercial opportunities and develop them into secured business.
- Build relationships with all stake holders.
- Identify key areas in which sales can be developed through existing and new customers, new product and services to increase market awareness and the brand via our Marketing Dept
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager on potential new products and agencies to complement the existing portfolio of materials & services
- Produce and meet budgets, reforecasts and objectives, in line with business strategy
- Reporting – regularly discuss and report directly to the Business Development Manager, all aspects and concerns regarding; customers, suppliers, prospects, pipeline, targets, budgets and market information relevant to the sales territory and teams.
- Prepare a structured monthly Business Development report and outlook.
- Fully prepare and participate in the monthly individual area review meeting with the SD
- Reporting – submitting concise and timely reports detailing outcome of contact/visits with existing and new principals to ensure all relevant personnel within the company are clear on any action they may need to take as a result of the contact.
- All contact reports should contain information on the market sector(s), products, focussing upon the relevant features and benefits of the principal/supplier and resulting visit action.
- Visit Reports to follow within 2 days of visit.
- Reporting – logging and circulating to relevant personnel any internally received enquiry/order/complaint etc.
For further information on this exciting role, or to formally apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org