£70-80k with outstanding package and prospects
Outstanding international role based with one the countries most exciting young Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Flavourings businesses.
Privately owned, this entrepreneurial business has carved an excellent reputation for itself both in the manufacture and Research/Development of class leading products, APIs and natural products into a wide range of Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Food & Beverage industries.
Their range includes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and excipients as well as ground breaking flavourings/extracts which deliver flavour and functionality to food and beverages.
Behind huge commercial success and growth sits an industry leading technical team providing product knowledge, sector/service insight and general intellectual firepower giving them unparalleled capabilities in product, process and method development from laboratory initiation through scale up to full commercial production. Sound finished formulation knowledge means they are perfectly positioned to deliver ever-increasing customer specific project solutions.
Benefitting their customers further, they have the proven ability to characterise, quantify and standardise APIs to the exacting requirements of a wide range of pharmacopeia as well as working with customers to generate bespoke products in order to meet specific requirements, including full regulatory support service up to and including license submission.
A still modest work force of under 50 team members is already achieving above-average EBITDA figures enabling continued reinvestment in R&D, Quality, Technology….and people.
Critical to the onward dominating success for the business is the appointment of two International Business Development Managers, both of which will enjoy class leading support and resource, and will take advantage of the significantly increased demand for Active Substance Master File/License support from customers.
Geographies being targeted include North-West Europe & development of the Far East market, as well as Southern Europe and Latin America.
The key objectives of these two roles is to generate sales aligned to the growth of the Company through the development of strong, long-term relationships with target customers and markets.
The appointees will play a very active part in developing sales and marketing strategies for their regions and ensuring the tactical plans are robust and successfully implemented. Taking the lead with direct key customer accounts these two execs will also develop, manage, and, where appropriate, evaluate and appoint a network of high quality distribution partners.
Enjoying a high level of autonomy in the management and development of their markets they will take full responsibility for the annual budget and related revenues and earnings by territory.
As well as existing product revenues the success candidates will generate a wealth of new business leads resulting in a lucrative pipeline of longer term new product and process development opportunities.
Forging close working relationships with colleagues from R&D, technical, operations and quality functions they will generate well thought through commercial development proposals and present these to existing and/or prospective customers.
The appointees will be a natural leaders, working throughout to motivate and inspire internal teams and colleagues.
- Supports the annual budget generating process
- Plays a key role in developing the regional growth strategy
- Plans, schedules and executes an agreed sales plan
- Generates and qualifies sales leads or enquiries
- Following evaluation proactively seeks out new opportunities
- Makes relevant Company and product related presentations to customers
- Reports monthly on sales, prospects, competition and market conditions
- Generates relevant sales and commercial proposals
- Works closely with technical colleagues to support and streamline development programmes
- Maintains and further develops a top quality network of distributor partners
- Makes regular trips and visits to key accounts
- Works closely with internal Business Partner
- Represents the Company at shows, exhibitions and conferences
- Develops and runs a process of continuous improvement
- Oversees and supports the generation of marketing related communications
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level probably in a science related discipline
- Skilled in selling added value products and services
- Experience of selling technical support and longer term solutions
- Understanding of international sales cultures
- Experienced in selecting and managing distributors and agents
- Depending on the role must possess an additional language such as German, French and/or Spanish
- It is absolutely essential that any candidate represents a great fit for both the role and business. Working within a relatively small team personality and approach are every bit as important as experience. Developing and managing relationships across the key business functions requires a high degree of acumen and not insignificant communication skill.
- Suitable candidates will be experienced professionals from the pharmaceutical or similar technical sectors, and will be able to demonstrate a successful track record in Technical sales and/or sales of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). Crucially they should have had significant commercial exposure to their region(s) which has resulted in a high quality portfolio of relevant business contacts. Comfortable in the direct management of key accounts the candidate will be just as at ease supporting and developing a professional network of distribution partners.
- They will have designed sales and business development strategies working closely with colleagues from, as examples, technical and operational backgrounds along the way.
- The successful applicant will be technically astute and have, or have the proven ability to develop an understanding of the API development process along with the challenges customers are likely to face in working with finished formulations and regulatory authorities. They will possess an ability to instinctively recognise which of our products and services represent an ideal fit to the customer.
- In addition, the candidate should feel comfortable working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment and be capable of managing priorities to often demanding timelines.
- Depending on the role an additional language such as German, French or Spanish will be heavily desirable
- Results driven with a proven ability to hit targets
- Data based analytical decision maker
- Customer focussed with a passion for service excellence
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Ability to work within and across functional teams
- Demonstrates leadership and vision
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Compelling presenter
- Sound experience in generating budgets and implementing sales plans
- Strategising and planning
- Resilient and tenacious
This is an outstanding opportunity to join, and become a senior, influential figurehead in this already impressive, market leading business as they seek to double their turnover.
Their passion for continuous improvement ensures they are always seeking to drive that little bit further, and that little bit harder. Importantly they invest in their workforce and the development of talent is a key enabler to our future vision, no relevant person will be overlooked for this role solely for short-term financial reasons.
Or complete the below: