c£50-60,000 plus bonus & package
A career-defining opportunity, based with a highly innovative B2B service provider to some of the UK’s most significant regulated businesses. This high performing, entrepreneurial, highly innovative business has developed a strong reputation and enviable client list across the UK, but are focused on developing and reaching even greater success through key B2B relationships.
Well established, they remain unique in the market, proving an innovative regulated service with both a B2B and B2C product range.
Relationship are paramount for all aspects of this organisation; Customers, Business customers and regulators. Partnership is an overused word in business, but this organisation’s mutually beneficial relationship with its partners is critical. Understanding their objectives, formulating action plans, agreeing deliverable metrics/KPIs and ensuring their delivery along with continuous improvement is the cornerstone of the business’s success, and the key function of this role as Lead Key Account Manager.
Recent growth has created the need to recruit into this newly created position, supporting the commercial leadership and ensuring ever stronger relationships with all business customers.
The successful candidate will design, develop and implement a clear strategy to build and cement key relationships with a focus in both short-term success and attaining long-term strategic objectives.
- Develop and lead the key account strategy for the B2B business, identifying partner business needs, market potential and innovative strategies for long terms success for target sectors/target customers in line with company objectives.
- Measure the achievement of the strategy and the business plan with regular reviews.
- Lead the engagement with key businesses; viewing them very much as partners as well as customers.
- Deliver the results in accordance with the strategy and agreed plans; identifying areas for continuous improvement.
- To understand the market environment, to drive the B2B performance.
- Manage the implementation of the wider engagement strategy – including direct programs to improve broader market reputation and recognition.
- Undertake continuous analysis of market environment to fully understand partner positions and strategy to develop reach.
- Ensuring the CRM is maintained, effective and provides a competitive advantage.
- Develop and where necessary design effective processes and procedures, introducing structure to the commercial delivery, and ensuring all aspects are adhered to en route to ensuring delivery.
- Undertake regular reviews of your key accounts to improve customer service, performance and overall success.
The person is everything. The brightest stars in this business are all about having the right attitude.
The appointee will have a proven, highly engaging background within a B2B environment, preferably with a relationship angle.He/she will possess excellent interpersonal skills, be hands-on when needed, possess strong analytical abilities, and be a robust decision-maker. The role involves providing strategic and tactical commercial advice as well as empathy to client needs.
Experience of managing and developing key clients is essential, as is a proven track record of driving relationships.
The successful candidate will have strong engagement and relationship buidling skills and be able to put across his or her view clearly, often articulating the benefit of commercial initiatives and activities in clear business terms and have the confidence to constructively challenge (and be challenged by) senior stakeholders.
In addition he/she will have strong creativity and be capable of committing to, and delivering to, tight deadlines to keep up with a fast-paced market environment.
The appointee will exude enthusiasm and demonstrate an outstanding work ethic – this is a culture where hard work and success is expected, celebrated and rewarded.
The appointee will have gravitas. It will be immediately obvious to all around them, internal and external, why they have been selected and appointed. Their appointment will be met by a sea of nodding heads. They will command and yet earn respect. They will be the centre of ideation within the business and will foster others to be the same. They will inspire not only their department, but everyone within the business. They will be motivating as well as motivated.
Alongside their astute key account management capabilities, they will be an ‘action’ style commercial leader. Their attention to detail will be second to none, and will be contagious. They will never see themselves as ‘too big’ for any task within the department, and will gain huge satisfaction from developing the wider team in every regard, form and function.
Above all else, they will be enthused by the opportunity of taking a broad engagement/relationship focused role, joining the management team and driving the growth strategies for this innovative business at one of the most exciting times in its corporate history.
Or complete the below: