Operations Manager (Director Designate)
Manufacturing Business – Manchester
c£50-60,000 plus package
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a highly entrepreneurial, marketing leading manufacturing business. Already able to boast both a renowned range of quality products, they have continually developed and embraced a path of sustainability and environmental awareness across their product range, further cementing their reputation.
Positioned in this competitive but high growth sector, they have built a reputation for constant innovation keeping ahead of both competition and environmental demands. Strong commercial and entrepreneurial passion runs through the business.
This is an energised and entrepreneurial culture, which every employee works diligently to foster. They are an opportunistic growth company that seeks to deliver long-term prosperity to customers, shareholders and all employees. Career development opportunities are as unlimited as any employees’ aspirations and hunger.
Combining the above with quality product innovations, a lithe strategy adept at responding to marketing conditions and an entrepreneurial, small-business mindset, they have a highly commercial approach to their entire organisation, constantly challenging the status quo for long-term benefit. This is a truly commercial environment.
A key element to that growth, strategic vision, entrepreneurial drive and market-positioning is the recruitment of a high performing Operations professional to lead the day-to-day running of the production facility and act as conduit between the ‘boardroom’ and the ‘shop-floor’.
The role as Operations Manager is an outstanding opportunity to not only take a key role in an exciting entrepreneurial business, but one that offers the chance to lead the ‘engine room’ of the business’s performance, and benefit personally from its continued growth.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Operations Manager will take a very active part in the running of the operational aspects of the business, with daily input to the Leadership Team and Board. The relationship with the MD will be critical to the onwards leadership and success of the business, as well as its culture.
Furthermore, it is anticipated this role will progress to Operations Director swiftly.
The appointee will take full responsibility for the day-to-day operational management, short & long-term planning and continually improving efficiencies across the business, possessing the ability to measure and deliver more effectively, and commercially.
They will be tasked with embedding a culture of constant improvement, innovation, operational excellence and production efficiency; designing and refining consistent, robust processes across all areas of the business.
Relationships and communication across the business will be at the centre of this role, as will ensuring the delivery and efficient running of the operations as they continue up their impressive growth curve. The success of this small, entrepreneurial business is dominated by the strength of its team. As the team numbers continue to grow, the leadership of that team, it’s performance and quality of output is key to the business’s future and ongoing success.
People are key within this business, driving the delivery of shared objectives whilst fueling ambition is at the core of their culture.
- Leading the operational team, ensuring all aspects of business delivery is on time and to the highest quality and commercial position
- Taking ownership for the efficiency and effectiveness of all operational and client delivery functions of the business. Evolving (and revolutionising) operational planning and management
- Optimising communication across the business bringing clarity on the what, when and why questions within the operations teams, introducing a growth-mindset attitude
- Ensure all customer obligations are satisfied – and exceeded
- Improving visibility and simplifying internal procedures to ensure operational excellence and efficiency
- Identifying business and product development opportunities within or outside of the current range
- Using automation and developing technologies to ensure employee productivity is continually improving
- Managing resources, planning, recruiting and training as business needs require
- Working with all teams to ensure operations can be delivered – including disaster recovery and business continuity planning
Candidate profile and chemistry fit is critical for this pivotal role. Working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, attitude is as important as experience. The person is everything. The Operations Manager will be instrumental in setting the tone, energy and culture for the business.….and in turn design its success. The gravity of success is all about having the right attitude, underpinned with demonstrable experience.
Suitable candidates will already be high achieving, experienced Operations professionals with a track record of success, innovation AND managing growth. They will possess a strong ethos in service delivery and a background in creating and managing a culture of success. They will have demonstrable Operational success behind them, but will possess a highly commercial, service delivery and business performance focus, aligned to demonstrable leadership and operational capability.
- Experience. Proven track record of running operationally solid, fast-growing operations teams.
- Efficiency. Able to generate output with minimal wasted effort.
- Aggressiveness. Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Intelligence. Demonstrates ability to quickly understand and absorb new information.
- Analytical skills. Able to structure and process data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Persistence. Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Strong communication. Communicates clearly and confidently verbally and in writing, without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Experience of leading multi-discipline operational teams.
- Experience of constructing, driving and delivering organisational change as the business grows.
- Experience of financial and budgetary planning
- Decision Making
- Strategic Operational Capability
- Change Orientation
- Commercial Acumen
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure timely delivery of all services and products
The appointee will constantly strive for excellence and demonstrate personal drive and resilience, with a mature and experienced approach to both growth, and set-backs. They will be obviously self motivated & able to work on own initiative whilst putting team and company needs before own and possess the ability to think flexibly and laterally.
They will be a model team player, as both leader and member, working with, and where necessary, challenging the other members of the management team for the common good and future performance of the business. Crucially, they will have flexibility and a capacity to adapt to the changing demands of the job.
The successful candidate will have entrepreneurial ability, career hunger and desire, and be hugely excited by a very high paced environment, thick with USPs – their operational leadership strength will be underpinned by a real “Just Do It” attitude.
- The ideal candidate will already have a reputation and track record of success within Operational Management
- Bright, dynamic, and possessing superior communication skills, the successful candidate will have the engaging personality to inspire and create excitement with their team, as well as across the entire organisation.
- They will be a tireless, high-energy professional with an entrepreneurial flair and will possess a brand of confidence, which allows for delegation and empowerment to his/her team.
- He/she will be a team player that has experienced a broad-reaching but largely non-hierarchical structure.
- The individual will have demonstrated an ability to achieve or exceed his/her objectives while working in concert with other managers/directors. He/she must possess excellent interpersonal skills, the highest level of integrity, and be able to inspire trust and confidence.
- Finally, this executive must have a level of business maturity, flexibility and the instincts to adapt to a young, exciting, high-energy, dynamic environment characterised by high growth expectations and a collaborative culture…..and have a sense of humour and fun at all times.
Or complete the below: