International Sporting Apparel Brand
£45-50,000 plus package & bonus
This disruptive sporting brand has gone from start-up to international success and trail-blazer in just 5 years. They are already ranked alongside their market’s most prestigious and luxury brands, but their real strength is in their knowledge of their marketplaces, sports and the subsequent quality of their products – it is this that places them at the top of their market; spoken in the same breath their market’s biggest brands.
Exponential growth has lifted this business to the their strong international reputation, assisted by internal expansion, but their journey has still hardly begun. New products, new markets and even greater tie-ups with professional sport gives this business, and its ground-breaking products, an exceptionally bright future.
…but beyond their brand and growth success lies a highly innovative business model, together with exceptional funding that will drove their business to even greater success.
Key to this future is the recruitment of a Product Manager; a sporting apparel product specialist ready to take an adrenaline-fuelled role with responsibility for strategy, design, development and delivery of all existing, and new apparel products, lines and markets, as well as the management and growth of this area of the business.
The appointee will already be a rising star within sporting apparel product management, design and innovation. They will also have some exposure to pricing, supplier agreements, NPD and innovation of design.
The ideal candidate is a well organised, extremely innovative sporting apparel product management specialist, with a strong entrepreneurial initiative and spirit. They will work well within a small, multi-functional exciting sporting organisation.
The appointee will report directly to the board, but will themselves almost certainly be home-based with infrequent travel.
- Brand: Ensuring the brand vision, values and standards are truly reflected in all products
- Design Process: Taking a seasonal and collection-based approach, working closely with our lead designer to ensure a clear and strong brand design story throughout all products
- Product Development: Working with production partners (including exploring and identifying new and innovative materials and techniques) to prototype, sample, test and refine all product concepts
- Production Quality: Implement a strict review and quality control process for all products ahead of final production
- Sustainability: Focussing on fabrics, processes, packaging and presentation that is environmentally friendly
- Commercials: Leading all budget planning, delivery deadlines and stock management for each location and online
- Marketing: Work closely with Head of Marketing to plan successful content creation and product launches instore and online
Skills and experience:
- An experienced specialist in sportswear production management who is able to take a broad view of the development process but also has a strong handle on the key details and considerations within every stage
- Very strong understanding of the market trends, design process, product development including technical considerations and limitations, stock and financial management – the entire process from concept to delivery
- Very strong relationship builder and team player, working in close collaboration internally (leadership team, location leads, graphic designers) as well as all production partners
- A strong understanding of running/cycling/outdoor pursuits, and in particular the clothing within those sports, would be advantageous
- University degree in a related field of study and/or relevant experience within sports performance apparel product management.
- 3+ years experience clothing product management
- Entrepreneurial mindset; Can do attitude with desire to roll up the sleeves when necessary to get the job done
- Strong communication skills
- Strong planning and organisation skills and the ability to complete all facets of a given project
- Strong desire to work in a start-up culture
- Strong passion for, and knowledge of, a sporting brands