£110,000 plus exceptional package
This is an exciting and highly challenging role within one of UK’s most successful and well-established retailers.
Having experienced unprecedented growth and expansion, the business is currently looking to recruit a newly created role of Retail Director to further enhance their current dynamic and high performing team, and to lead the expanding store portfolio as it reaches over 200 locations, as part of a successful Multi-Channel Operation.
This fast paced, debt-free business has built a strong national reputation for above average performance, profitability, growth and general commerciality. A highly entrepreneurial environment where ideas are not only encouraged but expected, this business has spent its life setting genres and innovating/re-energising seemingly developed markets.
The Retail Director will take full responsibility for the sizable Retail Estate; for all Sales and Retail Operations. They will help drive ideation and be the key executive tasked with delivering the strategies and ideas across the business.
This is a Strategic Leadership Role with six direct reports and a retail estate covering the UK. The appointee will sit on the Senior Leadership team, reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and taking P&L responsibility. They will take primary responsibility for meeting quarterly and annual sales targets, establishing sales goals and appropriate incentive programs. They will furthermore develop and deliver an annual business plan including revenue forecasts and win/loss reports that illustrate overall predicted performance which in-turn feeds into the company’s budgeting process.
To drive sales and profitability through the performance and development of stores.
- Establishing and managing within agreed budgets.
- To ensure the delivery of exceptional operational and commercial standards throughout
- To ensure compliance in all areas of operational activity.
- To drive standards of excellence in his or her team. Key Result Areas
- To lead and inspire National Sales & Operations Managers and the Sales & Operations Managers, providing clear cascade of company vision and translating that vision into targets, goals, and objectives for the senior operations team.
- To effectively and constructively challenge the National Sales & Operations Managers to ensure that their performance is optimised.
- To drive sales performance through driving the senior Operations team members, stretch targeting, and having a restless drive for forward momentum at all times.
- To support the senior team to make robust information-led business decisions based on strong intuition, retail flair, and good understanding and interpretation of relevant data.
- To effectively manage the performance and development of National Sales & Operations Managers.
- To measure, monitor, and manage levels of attrition within the employment establishment throughout the store estate.
- To ensure that the National Sales & Operations Managers meet and exceed expectations at all times in the management of customer service activities and Colleague competence so as to optimise and sustain sales performance and customer satisfaction.
- To manage payroll budgets in line with sales performance.
- To drive efficiencies in processes to reduce costs whilst enhancing performance.
- To manage and implement targets for National Sales & Operations Managers.
- To clearly and concisely communicate business objectives to National Sales & Operations Managers so that they remain well informed of business activity and of their required contribution to targets.
- To liaise with the RSC and other support teams regarding operational matters.
- To drive the National Sales & Operations Managers to ensure that the visual presentation of all stores represents the brand image.
- To collate information from National Sales & Operations Managers on a continuously evolving picture of competitor activity and local market conditions, with the purpose of making appropriate and innovative recommendations to drive the business forward.
- To plan for succession through the identification of individuals with potential for development and growth.
- To create a positive environment that results in stable retention and a reduction of labour
- To identify, prioritise and pursue branch acquisition, relocation and disposal opportunities and to create and deliver coherent proposals to the COO for presentation to the Group Management Board.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the company.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to drive and motivate performance through effective coaching skills and the ability to train and develop the skill and knowledge of direct reports
- Highly numerate with exceptional technical abilities, a strong familiarity with new technology, and the ability to drive its development and implementation to deliver a clear commercial benefit
- Highly organised with the ability to adapt quickly to strategic change
- Self-starter who takes the initiative
- Exceptional communicator
They will be….
- A self-confident and mature individual who will be able to establish and sustain strong working relationships with the COO and Management Team, the Sales and Operations Management Team, and Store Managers.
- Highly adaptable and pragmatic but able to ‘stand their ground’ effectively and professionally when required
- Commercially astute. Understands that the customer is at the centre of everything we do but we will only be successful if colleagues have the right attitude, as well as the right skills, and are well managed and trained
- Gets involved and gets things done. Although the individual will have a team this is a hands on role in a hands on organisation. There are very few ‘committees’ and no hiding places
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm, but able to remain calm and focussed in a pressurised situation
- Innovation and Flair. We want to do things differently, and better. More of the same is not what we are about.
The appointee will not have an ego. This is a customer and results focussed business where the individual will be one part of a critical team and can expect high levels of both challenge and support on all aspects of their remit. If you want to ‘tell us what to do because you are the expert’ then this is not the role for you.
Interested? Apply here by Email
Or complete the below: