Chemical Sector – Value-Add Distributor
c£80,000 plus outstanding performance-based earnings and exec package
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a market leading Chemical distribution business. Over half a century old, they possess an enviable reputation across the market and a client list to match, but are set to climb to even greater heights.
They are about to complete on an acquisition that will double the size of business and increase a whole new customer and product mix. The resultant expanded business is quickly expected to become greater than the some of its parts with a short-term expectation that 20-30% growth should be comfortably attainable.
This impressive business has constantly kept ahead of competition, primarily through their technical capability providing a true value added service. Quality of product and service is at the core of the business; their consistency of service delivery is unparalleled.
They have developed a highly enviable client list, which is now set to significantly increase with the acquisition of a highly complimentary business.
Both businesses are performing well, and achieving above industry average commercial performance, the potential for the combined business is exciting, especially once economies of scale and streamlining processes have been realised. The combined business will be increasingly focused on further cementing their market position(s) and increasing their market share through both cross-selling and cost-saving, whilst re-investing heavily into the business to continue and accelerate its growth and financial position. They have a strong track record of investing in both process technology AND in personnel to ensure the highest of standard of both product and service are maintained.
A key part of their strategy in merging the two businesses is the recruitment of a Sales Director to sit across the newly combined business, and it’s two sales teams, reporting into the overall Managing Director.
The appointee will take a high degree of autonomy in the sales development and leadership within the business, but with the full support of the Board and the parent Group. The successful candidate will design, develop and implement a clear strategy to understand the two business’s sales processes, as well as commercial strengths before embarking on driving a profitable expansion of both value and volume of sales with both business existing customers, and beyond.
Duties and Responsibilities.
Customers – Internal & External
- To determine the best strategy to develop and increase profitable sales and maximise the benefits of the combined product portfolio as well as the brands and service
- To develop a commercial strategy of developing strategic individuals relationships with existing (cross) client companies with the objectives of increasing visibility and exposure, and ultimately, increasing sales value/volume.
- To develop and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with all customers and partners.
- To provide the required information to ensure timely and accurate communications
- Ensuring that the commercial function is consistently presented to a high level to promote a professional image to the internal and external customer.
- Take control of the two (legacy) sales teams, understanding and learning from their processes, strength and weaknesses before working to create a combined single vision, culture and external voice.
- Take a hands on role in leading the sales function. The desire to lead from the front and taking a personal sales target will be essential.
- Undertake regular reviews of the entire sales function and it’s people to improve customer service, performance and productivity.
- To plan and prepare sales forecasts and budgets and ensure that sales profitability, volume and budget objectives are achieved
- Ensure that all management information is produced and distributed within the stated deadlines
- Proactively work towards the achievement of the company overall budgets and forecasts.
- To ensure that limits of authority and sign off levels are adhered to
Business Processes & Safety
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and to ensure that controls are effective.
- Ensure that you are aware and comply with all company policies including health and safety.
Specific Performance Deliverables and KPIs
- The sales and profit performance of the Company and your designated markets
- Meeting various deadlines.
- Accuracy of budgets and forecasts
- Customer satisfaction performance of your function
- Implementation of cost reduction solutions.
- Improvement and delivery of management information.
- Results driven
- Customer service focus.
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring.
- Judgement and decision-making.
- Forward thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting and networking skills.
- Excellent negotiation and numeracy skills.
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent people management skills.
- Self motivated.
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times.
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure customer development
- Must be able to travel internationally when required
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably degree educated
- Experience of technical Chemical sector, manufacturing, value add or distribution.
- Experience of selling and dealing with ‘value added’ highly technical services/products
- Significant exposure to a global marketplace would be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated ability to lead process changes
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience.
This is a career defining, fantastic opportunity for an experienced, operationally aware and commercial Client-facing professional, with exposure to a technical sector, to take a key, senior leadership role within, and add significant value to an already high-performing market leader.
Or complete the below: