c£90-125,000 plus (uncapped) bonus & great package including equity
Newly-created opportunity to join a truly global, market leading Medical Device manufacturing business. This extremely well-established, international business has constantly kept ahead of competition, and has a clear focus on maximising performance of both product and customer service excellence. Quality of product and service is at the core of the business, a reputation they have held across the world for decades, but they have a very strong social conscience, befitting of their marketplace.
Technical performance has long been a strength of the business, but their commercial structure and capability has underpinned their growth and driven the long-term success of the business.
Recent M&A activity has seen significant growth to both top and bottom-line performance. They are achieving above industry average EBITDA figures, and are focused on re-investing heavily into the business to continue and accelerate their growth and financial performance.
Recent growth has created the need to recruit a Sales Director, an inspirational, commercial leader to increase the strategic capability, global reach and ultimately, the commercial performance and top-line growth, primarily through an extensive list of global distributors. The appointee will report into the Industry renowned Managing Director, supporting him directly and succeeding him as a key external face of the business as he focuses on further M&A activity.
The appointee will take a high degree of autonomy in the sales development and leadership within the business, but with the full support of the Board and the parent Group. The successful candidate will design, develop and implement a clear strategy to drive global sales and profitability, with a focus in both short-term wins and long-term strategic planning.
Duties and Responsibilities
Customers – Internal & External:
- To be the inspirational voice and face of the business to the global market.
- To determine, in conjunction with the distributor(s), the best strategy to develop profitable sales and maximise the benefits of the product portfolio and the brand and service
- To liaise, negotiate and help distributors/customers with the selection of the correct products based upon commercial and technical aspects
- To develop and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with distributors/customers
- To provide the required information to ensure timely and accurate communications
- Ensuring that your function is consistently presented to a high level to promote a professional image to the internal and external customer
- Ensuring that the commercial function is consistently presented to a high level to promote a professional image to the internal and external customer.
- Take an inspirational and results orientated leadership role in leading the sales function. The desire to lead from the front and taking a personal sales target will be essential.
- Undertake regular reviews of the entire sales function and its people to improve customer service, performance and productivity
Business Processes & Safety:
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and to ensure that controls are effective
- Ensure that you are aware and comply with all company policies including health and safety
- Undertake regular reviews of your function to improve customer service, performance and productivity
Specific Performance Deliverables and KPIs:
- The sales and profit performance of the Company, distributors and the various global markets.
- Meeting key deadlines
- Accuracy of budgets and forecasts
- Customer satisfaction performance of your function
- Implementation of cost reduction solutions
- Improvement and delivery of management information
- An Inspirational Leader.
- Results driven
- Highly Motivated (and visibly so)
- Exuding energy
- Customer service focus
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring
- Judgement and decision-making
- Forward thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication, consulting and networking skills
- Excellent negotiation and numeracy skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent people management skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure customer development
- Must be able to travel internationally
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably degree educated
- Experience of, or exposure to the Medical Devices sector
- Demonstrated ability to lead process changes
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
This is a career defining, fantastic opportunity for an experienced, operationally aware and commercially astute Sales Leader, with exposure to a technical sector, to take a key, senior leadership role within, and add significant value to an already high-performing market leading business. The potential for onward growth is significant.
Or complete the below form: