Sales Manager – Key Accounts
Food Ingredients Manufacturer
c£50,000 plus bonus & package
A career-defining opportunity, based with a market leading ingredient manufacturer, supplying the Food & Beverage markets. This high performing, high growth, privately owned business has kept constantly ahead of competition with a strong reputation and enviable client list across the globe, but are focused on developing and reaching even greater success through significant investment through capital expenditure, and people.
Targeting their efforts on product innovation, keeping pace with, and ultimately outpacing their already highly evolving marketplace(s), they are developing a strong focus on scientific/technical input in order to drive new product innovation, along with support from the very top of the business, with the aim of cementing a strong commercial and operational foundation based on quality of product, as well as service.
The business has embarked on a new product development strategy along with an ambitious international expansion program to drive exponential growth, bringing new products to market over the medium term, which will in turn bring further investment in technologies and inorganic growth opportunities by leveraging the commercial channels set up in the short-term.
There does however exist significant appetite to accelerate those growth achievements within the business, seeking to more than double turnover and profit in the next 5 years, whilst further cementing their market position, increasing their market share and crucially further internationalising the business, all the time re-investing heavily into the business to continue and accelerate its growth and financial position in the long term. They invest significantly in both process technology AND in personnel to ensure the highest of standard of both product and service are maintained.
Recent growth has created the need to recruit a Sales Manager to increase the strength of their relationships with a number of their key Food & Beverage customers strategic capability, and ultimately, the commercial performance and top-line/Gross Margin growth.
Initially the appointee will report into the Sales Director; they will take a high degree of autonomy in the sales development and within the F&B business, but with the full support of the Sales Director. The successful candidate will design, develop and implement a clear strategy to drive sales and profitability, with a focus in both short-term wins and long-term strategic planning.
- Develop the sales, marketing and key account strategy for the F&B business, identifying business needs, market potential and innovative strategies for long terms success for target sectors/target customers in line with company objectives.
- Measure the achievement of the strategy and the business plan with regular reviews.
- Deliver the results in accordance with the strategy and agreed plans identifying areas for profitable growth.
- To understand the market environment, to drive the F&B sales performance.
- Manage the implementation of the wider sales/commercial strategy – including campaigns, events, digital marketing, website and PR, social media presence and direct programs to improve broader market reputation and recognition.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment to fully understand competitor positions and strategy to develop market share.
- Ensuring the CRM is maintained, effective and provides a competitive advantage.
- Develop and where necessary design effective processes and procedures, introducing structure to the commercial delivery, and ensuring all aspects are adhered to en route to ensuring delivery.
- Undertake regular reviews of your key accounts to improve customer service, performance and overall success.
The person is everything. The brightest stars in this business are all about having the right attitude.
The appointee will have a proven, highly commercial and full spectrum, broad commercial, sales and marketing background within food ingredient manufacturing environment, preferably with technical exposure. He/she will possess excellent interpersonal skills, be hands-on when needed, possess strong analytical abilities, and be a robust decision-maker and a ‘finisher’. The role involves providing strategic and tactical commercial advice and revenue generating solutions to the entire function.
Experience of managing and developing key clients is essential, as is a proven track record of driving profitable growth across numerous international channels.
The successful candidate will have strong influencing skills and be able to put across his or her view clearly, often articulating the benefit of commercial initiative and activity in clear business terms and have the confidence to constructively challenge (and be challenged by) senior stakeholders.
In addition he/she will have strong creativity and be capable of committing to, and delivering to, tight deadlines to keep up with a fast-paced market environment.
The appointee will exude enthusiasm and demonstrate an outstanding work ethic – this is a culture where hard work and success is expected, celebrated and rewarded.
The appointee will have gravitas. It will be immediately obvious to all around them, internal and external, why they have been selected and appointed. Their appointment will be met by a sea of nodding heads. They will command and yet earn respect. They will be the centre of ideation within the business and will foster others to be the same. They will inspire not only their department, but everyone within the business. They will be motivating as well as motivated.
Alongside their astute key account management capabilities, they will be an ‘action’ style commercial leader. Their attention to detail will be second to none, and will be contagious. They will never see themselves as ‘too big’ for any task within the department, and will gain huge satisfaction from developing the wider team in every regard, form and function.
Above all else, they will be enthused by the opportunity of taking a broad commercially focused role, joining the management team and driving the commercial, sales and marketing strategies for this innovative business at one of the most exciting times in its corporate history.
- Motivated to be part of the energy of a high growth, innovative & entrepreneurial manufacturer.
- Food & Beverage ingredient (or API) experience.
- Entrepreneurial character and charisma
- Engagement orientated – work with team with and through others
- Public spokesman confident – voice of a sector
- Flexible, agile and driven – with ability to influence directly and indirectly
- Soft skills – with strong disciplines in performance management – happy to recruit people and build a team
- Team work orientated – multi-task mind, ability to handle multiple things at once and overcome objections and transform practices
- Willing to travel, be with customers and stay away/ work at pace as needed
- A thirst for success and excited to make a difference
- Good levels of Stamina, pride & personalisation in working style and offers to customers
Or complete the below form: