c£45-60,000 (more available for outstanding individuals)
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Buyer (or ambitious Buyer) to join a very well established and expanding luxury brand wholesale business. An unrivalled market leader, innovator and hub of both business and consumer markets, their growth and profitability are unparalleled in their market(s).
A key function to continue that profitable growth is the recruitment of a Senior Buying Professional to develop and deliver product strategies to maximise opportunities across the business, to achieve and exceed business plan targets.
The primary responsibilities of the appointee will be to manage a category/range of luxury products to be sold – Cradle to Grave accountability from the purchasing of the product to the ultimate discontinuation.
The appointee will understand the different consumer markets and requirements in each market (ie. Retail/B2B) to enable the most suitable assortment to be offered to all customers.
Specific responsibilities and activities:
Category and channel growth
- Forecast, plan and implement effective buying strategies by category and channel to maximise revenue and margin.
- To develop, deliver and maintain a current and relevant product offer and price architecture in line with customer and market trends.
- Ongoing review and analysis of range and promotion opportunities by category and channel.
- Anticipation of future trends and demands to ensure the product offer is continually updated.
- Ensure seasonal delivery of the product range to deliver right product at the right margin, time and quantity by channel and geographical need.
- Timely response to sales patterns and sell through.
- Produce regular Buying Plans and provide summary analysis for purchase decisions to senior management.
- Manage full stock purchase programmes with suppliers and ensure all customer stock requirements are fulfilled.
- On a weekly basis analyse sales and stock requirements and monitor stock forecasts with suppliers.
- Regularly meet with sales team to capture ongoing purchasing requirements.
- Create and manage systems that allow stock control and customer fulfilment.
- Monitor and produce monthly forecasts by product line after understanding sell thru’ and stock holding. Produce weekly and monthly reports on forward buys and the impact on sales and stockholding to senior management.
- Ensure product margins and gross profits are met and report on progress on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure all sales plans are reviewed regularly and report purchase issues that impact sales revenues and margins.
- Take charge of the full buying process to ensure purchase transactions made by the buying team comply to company policy.
- Work closely with brand owners to explore new opportunities and establish timely purchase forecasts to meet revenue targets.
- Work with ‘Category Managers’ to review customer sales, stock, etc. through their “trackers” to ensure in stock level meets their KPI requirements.
- Regularly review retail prices in customer stores to monitor price differentiation amongst retailers and impacts on our purchase costs and ongoing ranges and investment in stock.
- Monitor inventory KPIs regularly to ensure stock turn meets company targets through introduction of stock segmentation and categorisation.
- Manage the large supply base to ensure market intelligence is disseminated internal and drives supplier relationships and purchases.
Key Performance Measures
- Ensure stock levels are maintained above 95% availability.
- Ensure that stock deliveries meet customer deadlines and actively measure performance with sales team.
- Maximise sell through by weekly analysis of sales by brand lines and sales performance by line.
- Compile weekly forecast of key selling lines and ensure “in-stock” levels by brands meet sales forecast and sell through rates.
- Maximise margin through analysis and negotiation of product offers from suppliers. Set-up margin metrics to measure buying team performance at individual and team level.
- Develop a regular ‘pre-sell’ product range by reviewing offers from suppliers daily. Work with sales team to ensure that sales from pre-sell hit management targets.
- Stock management and forecasting is instrumental to business success. Stock holding of poor performing lines must remain below management targets.
- Supply base expansion is a management KPI for the buying team. Ensure that targets are managed and met by the buying team.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- A good knowledge of luxury brands/premium products market is preferred
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, needs to be logical and analytical; assertive and self motivated
- Attitude & Personality – Adaptable, flexible, energetic and enthusiastic with an open minded approach
- Educated to Graduate level or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a buying management related role and has at least 3 years experience as a buyer.
- Willingness to work together in a team and help others
- Positive and pro-active attitude to changing demands and priorities as required
- Able to set own priorities
- European languages an advantage, Italian, Spanish, French and German.
- Stock analysis and stock forecasting experience.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- A ‘trader’ who will identify opportunities by working across internal teams as well as the supplier base – prioritising and personally managing suppliers and the introduction of new product categories where relevant
- Strong influencing and motivational skills
- Adaptable and flexible in style and approach
- A hands-on self starter
- Flexible and sufficiently mobile to travel within the UK and throughout Europe
- A natural coach and leader who will support both his/her, and the wider team
This is an outstanding role for a career focused and hungry Buying professional to move into a top flight luxury brand business. This is no stand-still opportunity, the career development opportunities are immense and will only be held-back by you.
To apply, forward your CV along with current salary & package details by email
Or complete the form below: