Senior HR Manager
Innovative Service Group
c£60,000 plus attractive package
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the country’s most innovative business and consumer services groups in a highly influential position.
Almost 20 years after inception, they continue to lead their unique B2B/B2C/B2R market place, delivering an invaluable service whilst working with their clients on a path of continuous improvement.
Differentiating themselves by remaining totally independent and providing bespoke solutions through numerous highly qualified and focussed teams to provide swift solutions and resolutions, whilst creating maximum value for their client & consumer basesunderpinned by highly principled humility and passion for what they do.
Replicating that human-focus internally, they have created an upbeat, friendly, innovative, and fast-paced environment with, crucially, market-leading opportunity for advancement. But they seek to continue the development of that culture and environment for the personal and professional benefit of all employees.
This is an energised and innovative culture, which every employee works diligently to foster and continually improve. They are an opportunistic growth company that seeks to deliver long-term prosperity to all employees.
Their innovative approach has won them significant recognition with not only an enviable client list but also as a genuine employer of choice. Two decades of achievements and award wins set this inventive business apart from their competitors, and with continued demand for their services, an increased capability in their product and service portfolio and their quest to continually strive to innovate and keep both them, and their clients ahead of the curve, their future is as impressive as their history and even more exciting.
Based within their impressive and very recently refurbished North-West Head Office, the Head of HR will quickly become a key member of the Management Team. They will commercially connect the business’s prime resource, its people, with the business’s needs and add the people dimension to the all future development plans. They will also be key in communicating the group vision to the entire business and quickly become a custodian of the business’s culture and personality.
They will be tasked with developing strong, influential, collaborative relationships with all employees whilst supporting the Head of HR and assisting them in driving the ‘people’ aspect of the business’s already impressive growth strategy and transformation project.
The Senior HR Manager will bridge across the business’s cultural development focus, whilst also bringing HR rigour, technical knowledge and an objective, informed, human viewpoint.
The appointee will be an experienced Human Resources manager. They will possess strong HR knowledge but will be equally sighted on the goals, performance and cultural development of the people rather than solely and blindly focused on processes and procedures. They will quickly possess the insight to understand the current position of the business whilst appreciating, and being motivated by the ambition for significant growth, cognisant of the challenges implicit in this and the critical importance of having a highly engaged and happy workforce.
Whilst the successful candidate will have a very commercial, cultural, achievement outlook, they are also vital to ensuring successful day to day operations within all partnership functions, and to ensure full engagement with every person in the business.
- Fully compliant with all HR legislation
- Cultural change & development
- SME employer of choice
- Engaged, motivated workforce
- Visible liquid talent pool
- Embedded Competency Framework into every daily activity
- Responsibility for all technical HR matters to legislature, process compliance and cultural development.
- Understanding of the business’s activities and objectives; combining strategy, commerciality and culture….but with a remit to place people at the heart of the business.
- Design and deliver the HR strategy as a key driver to business growth strategy through close partnerships with senior management teams but recognising the differences in that strategy required in different parts of the business.
- Foster a great appreciation for a broader HR framework for the growing international operation, designing and developing appropriate process, policies and best practice but always with an eye to the longer-term objectives more than short-term process compliance.
- Ensure HR is seen as a true business partner, developing mature but closely synergetic, respectful relationships with internal customers, understanding their priorities.
- Be a voice of the “People Agenda”. Responsible for attraction and retention of key talent. Fostering a dynamic succession-planning strategy, but recognising when external resources need to be employed.
- Input in design of an appropriate compensation and benefits framework for the business.
- Demonstrable ability to act as a coach & confidant across the business, in conflict resolution, organisational improvement and above all ensuring the people agenda lies at the heart of the planning and commercial strategies.
- Identify and demonstrate the core values of the business with high levels of consistency and authenticity
- Create an environment where all issues get raised and addressed effectively
- Play a leading role in creating and executing programs to reinforce and secure the business’s unique work culture and corporate personality.
As with all appointments in this highly people-centric business, candidate profile and chemistry fit is critical, but never more so than for this for this pivotal role. Working within a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment, attitude is as important as experience. The person is everything. The Senior HR Manager will be instrumental in adding to the tone, energy and culture for the business. The gravity of success is all about having the right attitude, underpinned with demonstrable experience.
Suitable candidates will already be high achieving, HR Managers. They will possess a track record of personal success and be able to demonstrate how they have ‘done things differently’ to the benefit of cultural development.
The appointee will possess a strong ethos in delivery across Human Resources, encompassing engagement, innovative approach, informed collaborative insight, ideation and a ‘do’ not ‘think’ mindset. They will have complemented results with driving (and reacting to) change, whilst at all time placing the people strategy and organisational culture at the heart of even the most commercial of decision making.
They will be people, results and delivery oriented; hands-on and possess the ability to create a sense of mission and attentiveness to current and future requirements and challenges.
They should embrace, and be able to demonstrate the organisation’s Core Values:
Skills and Experience
- Exceptional communication, organisational, and people skills.
- Most likely at least 5 years of management level HR experience working in multiple aspects of organisational and people leadership, including staffing, culture-building, employee relations, training, leadership development, performance management, organization design, and project management.
- Successful experience building a culture of learning, innovation, and entrepreneurial energy in multi-cultural settings.
- Experience of supporting cross-functional teams and ensuring effective communication across them.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with senior management and employees across all levels of the company.
- Experience in working at senior levels in effectively and successfully managing start-up/early stage high growth issues.
- Adept problem solver with superior conflict resolution skills.
- Strategic thinker: ability to develop, evaluate and articulate talent strategies that address business and operational goals.
- Hands on; comfortable moving from design through implementation with autonomy.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Thrives in an energetic and dynamic environment; passionate, focused, flexible and resilient.
The Senior HR Manager will be a leader in waiting. They will be an influencer and a custodian of the corporate culture, seen as many as a key driver behind the business’s already impressive people focus, and as a result, their impressive growth track record.They will be self-motivated & able to work on their own initiative whilst putting team and company needs before own and possess the ability to think flexibly and laterally.
The successful candidate will have creative and innovative ability and desire, and be hugely excited by a very high paced environment, thick with USPs – their People leadership strength will be underpinned by a real “Just Do It” attitude, and a sense of humour.
Or complete the below: