c£60,000 plus package
This is an outstanding and unique opportunity for a commercial business development professional to join an innovative global organisation and drive their continued expansion into the UK. With over 30 offices around the world, this is a significant enterprise of which the UK is seen as the most important component with a €bn value.
Working with, and on behalf of a number of global, highly entrepreneurial and innovative businesses, this organisation acts as strategic partner, advisor and conduit to facilitate commercial development. As the UK heads ever closer to Brexit, the role this organisation plays will be of heightened importance and increased commercial value.
A critical element to continuing and increasing the growth and success the organisation has enjoyed, is the recruitment of a highly commercial Senior Market Advisor; a leading yet highly ambitious business development and business introduction professional, bringing focussed skills and a strategic, intelligent approach to business development, along with creative and inspirational qualities to promote a bright and innovative commercial culture.
The role is a unique opportunity to drive commercial relationships, working with some of the brightest and most innovative businesses, across a number of sectors, sharing and acting as a conduit for all manner of commercial, strategic, economic and political information and driving huge commercial and financial performance, but without the target-driven, pressurised environment most focused sales role come with.
It presents a fantastic opportunity to join the organisation at the beginning of the next phase of their development and be part of, and lead the new regional team.
The appointee will take responsibility for commercial development and growth across a national portfolio, with specific focus on the North of England.
Establishing, developing and ultimately facilitating the monetising of key customer relationships will be at the centre of this role, driving new business will be the key objective as well as building strategic relationships for long-term commercial gain. Increasing client numbers is critical to the onward development of all partners.
The appointee will work as a core member of a dynamic UK team, proactively working with partner businesses to ensure they view, understand and enter the UK market successfully and reach their full growth potential in terms of market share. This involves understanding and advising client companies on their plans, brokering introductions to customers and partners. The role also involves highlighting market opportunities to the client company base, helping them understand shifting market dynamics and raising the awareness in UK businesses and media of the strengths and capabilities.
Based in a new office location in Manchester but working across the UK, the appointed person will work with a broad range of clients.
As the portfolio of clients will target multiple sectors, domain knowledge and expertise is essential in one or more of the following areas: Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage or manufacturing industries. The range of client companies is diverse, and it is expected the appointee will have a wide range of business and commercial experience.
- Lead the development of engineering Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage and manufacturing sub-sectors by establishing a strong understanding of the capabilities of assigned client portfolio, building strong relationships with these and agreeing actions and plans to accelerate their export growth.
- Design an approach which delivers the correct balance between individual and group work with clients to achieve greatest growth potential for the portfolio while serving a broad base of clients.
- Quickly establish, expand and manage a strong network of decision makers in a number of functions across manufacturing, food & beverage and Pharmaceutical sectors which aligns to the capability in the client company portfolio. Leverage this network and facilitate introductions to accelerate the growth of client companies in the UK.
- Proactively identify evolving market opportunities, disruptive risks and Brexit impacts under various scenarios. Develop effective means of sharing these insights with the client base and the global sector teams. Develop appropriate strategies with clients for their businesses.
- Assist companies to determine the most effective channel and explore the potential for new business models or other ways to increase profitability. Identify market experts who can accelerate access to this knowledge or other third parties who can assist clients in overcoming gaps in resources, insights or market contacts.
- Lead the engagement with the broader business community and those with existing connections within the Greater Manchester region and Liverpool. Share contacts and insights with other UK colleagues covering other sectors.
- Deliver on a number of predetermined KPIs / targets relating to the success and sales growth of companies in the sector.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across UK and internationally to assist clients build robust plans to scale their businesses.
- Engage with other stakeholders including Government agencies and departments as appropriate.
Candidate profile and chemistry fit is critical for this pivotal role. Working within an innovative, commercial and often entrepreneurial environment, attitude is as important as experience. The person is everything. The appointee will be a key voice of business, and in doing so will help set the tone, energy and culture for the organisation, internally and externally….and design its success. The gravity of success is all about having the right attitude and work ethic, underpinned with demonstrable experience.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for business development with a strong understanding of how international suppliers can scale their business in the UK. As the first recruit into the new Manchester office, they will also play a leadership role in connecting to the broader Manchester business community and alerting other members of the UK team to opportunities in their sectors.
Suitable candidates will be high achieving, commercially aware business development professionals, preferably with exposure to Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverage or General Manufacturing industries.They will have a demonstrable value-adding customer facing career behind them, but will still have a highly engaged approach, focused on facilitating new business.
The successful candidate will have significant commercial and economic interest, ability and desire, and be hugely excited by a very high paced environment, thick with USPs – business development strength is underpinned by a real “Just Do It” attitude.
- Results driven
- Commercial focus
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring
- Judgement and decision-making
- Forward thinking
- Excellent people management skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure exemplary operational performance
- Minimum of 5 years recent sales, marketing, business development or related experience in UK.
- A passion for the manufacturing sector and a deep understanding of its specific challenges that can be translated to the needs of client companies seeking to grow in the UK.
- A good understanding of the UK manufacturing landscape, particularly in Northern England and emerging market opportunities and dynamics.
- Strong consulting and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to assess and challenge business plans; this will include support around business models, value propositions, marketing and sales strategies, competitor analysis and market research.
- Strong networking and relationship building skills, with established network of senior contacts in the UK that could be leveraged by clients targeting the pharmaceutical, food & beverage and manufacturing sectors in the UK.
- A self-starter with experience of working on their own initiative and developing and managing projects with the flexibility to change and adapt approach as required.
- Excellent administration, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to influence and shape the strategic direction both of client companies, partners and of the sector development work undertaken by the parent group.
- Ability and credibility to identify and introduce business advisors and coaches to client companies that will speed up market entry and accelerate their penetration.
- A track record of achieving results.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the UK and beyond.
- A relevant degree level qualification.
Or complete the below: