Global Sport Brand
c£90k with genuine £6-figure on target earnings
Outstanding opportunity for an experienced Omni-Channel Marketing Director, to lead the highly innovative marketing team of one of the countries most exciting Sports Brands.
Exceptional growth and recent Private Equity investment has led to the need to recruit a key Digital Marketing professional, operating at the top of their game, but hungry for more.
This role sits on the Group Leadership Team and will report to the newly appointed MD.
This is a strategic leadership role, not just operational. The business is a very fast-paced, high-profile B2C business but with an increasingly successful B2B division. Responding to that pace and driving it, is a critical function of the Marketing Department, and a digital-led, Omni-Channel strategy forms the predominant route.
The Marketing Director will provide dynamic leadership to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all marketing assets, inform and assist the development of my client’s increasing digital and social marketing strategy, as well as provide hands-on support and technical know-how for the day-to-day running of the broader marketing department, across all aspects of the marketing mix both above and below the line.
Team development, leadership and inspiration are critical aspects of this role. The business has a strong ‘team’ ethos and culture, and is already a very marketing engaged business. This role will be at the epicentre of that focus – and for the appointee, the opportunity to drive that presence to unparalleled heights.
This is a dynamic, highly driven, Private-Equity backed business. Their focus and determination make for an electric but demanding environment. The Marketing Director will be one of the most influential people, and personalities within that environment. This is a high-profile leadership position as the most senior marketeer in the business…you will be at the centre of ideation.
The appointee will have a proven digital marketing background, ripe with success, within an idea-rich, innovative, consumer-led business. He/she will possess excellent interpersonal skills, be incredibly hands-on, possess strong analytical abilities, and be a robust decision-maker and a ‘finisher’. The role involves providing strategic and tactical marketing advice and practical support to the entire business.
He/she will have strong creativity and be capable of committing to, and delivering to, tight deadlines to keep up with a fast-paced market environment. They will exude enthusiasm and demonstrate an outstanding work ethic – this is a culture where hard work is expected, celebrated and rewarded.
The appointee will have gravitas. It will be immediately obvious to all around them, internal and external, why they have been selected and appointed. They will command and yet earn respect. They will inspire not only their department, but everyone within the business. They will be motivating as well as motivated.
They will be an ‘action’ style leader. Their attention to detail will be second to none, and will be contagious. They will never see themselves as ‘too big’ for any task within the department, and will gain huge satisfaction from developing the team in every regard, form and function.
The successful candidate will most likely have come from a High-Change/High-Energy, sports/lifestyle B2C environment…success and growth will be a familiar experience. They will blend traditional Above, Through & Below-The-Line marketing with digital strategies, CRM maximization and communication & promotional innovation. Exposure to B2B marketing will be a distinct advantage.
Above all else, they will be excited by Marketing; excited by Digital; excited about the opportunity of leading the Marketing Strategy for one of the most exciting brands in the area.
- Function as both a leader and an operator
- Align all divisional marketing programs with overall marketing and business strategy, global brand, and global communications
- Ability to create and manage a marketing plan for current and future years that can align tactics for acquisition as well as retention that fits within an evolving business landscape
- Supervising the implementation of campaigns, ensuring the designs and messages meet the company brand and legal guidelines
- Driving the development of integrated marketing plans, including the identification of target audiences and the crafting of messaging frameworks
- Understanding of how to use creative to fit a strategy and brand guidelines
- Oversee marketing budget, and P&L
- Build, manage, and mentor a strong marketing team
- Serve as a spokesperson as needed
- Solid integrated marketing experience required with very strong exposure to Digital
- B2C/e-Commerce experience preferred
- Direct experience in planning and executing data driven marketing
- Exceptional grasp on brand and communications
- Experience in building, leading, and managing strong teams
- Ability to interface with executive management
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Exceptional business and strategic acumen
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in balancing the needs for localisation and a global brand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Alignment with the organisation’s vision and core values
For further interest, please email Gary Chaplin, or compete the below: