B2B Technology Service
$150-$200,000 plus outstanding package including significant wealth creation.
My client is a genuine market leader and innovator as well as one of the most recognised and renowned players/brands in the technology service sector(s). Steeped in modern history and with a story and track-record that reads like the plot of a Hollywood movie, their market position is the envy of their sector.
Having benefited from great innovation, entrepreneurial vision and immense intellectual firepower, this privately owned business already has a valuation that is heading towards $bn.
Where many of their competitors have seen great peaks and troughs in commercial performance, they have seen steady growth and huge development. That is not to say the business has not seen its share of challenges, but through strong leadership they have continued to develop and retain their place as one of their sectors (and regions) most aspirational brands.
Having redefined (and been ahead of) their sector on inception, the business has maintained it’s top market position through astute leadership leading to dramatic organic growth, as well as a highly strategic acquisition strategy that leaves them operating within every single market within their sector, many with a dominant position.
Having experienced unprecedented growth, the business is at a pivotal point of its development, and is being forced to morph from Entrepreneurial Group into a ‘Corporate’ in preparation for the next phase on its quest towards a £10-digit size and potential corporate transaction/IPO.
The board have decided that an injection of Intellectual Firepower, and Commercial Leadership is required to spearhead the development of the US business, but forming a strategic succession plan for the overall group. The current, long-serving Group CEO has a very strong track record of sales growth, and commercial gain, and the business has benefitted hugely from that approach, but the business is now primed for a gradual shift in leadership and desires a broader, more varied and more focused leader to join the organisation, initially as Commercial Lead for the US, but with the path towards Group CEO ahead of them.
The appointee will take a very active part in the leadership, strategic direction and most importantly, colleague and customer engagement of this already impressive US divsion. He/She will display a significant demonstrable ability to understand the technological, commercial and human proposition, and turn that into a formidable commercial strategy…then execute it. Leadership, marketing (true marketing, not just merchandising/promotion) as well as driving commercial success and business development will play a major part in the successful candidate’s background.
The appointee will have a staggering leadership track record in high-profile, technology/service environments, as well as an automatic interest and fascination with the sector. They will have been immersed in technology, innovation and entrepreneurialism for much of their career, and be able to demonstrate an impressive history of achievement in both commercial and customer experience areas. But customers will not be the only human stakeholder, the successful candidate will be a great communicator, recognising that the human resource within the business is absolutely vital to the business’ future and commercial longevity.
It will be immediately obvious why the appointment has been made. The appointee may, or may not have held an MD/CEO appointment already within their career, but they will already be an industry ‘name’ with the energy and ambition to attain unparalleled heights.
- Design, develop and direct the strategy that will enable the company to maximise its full potential for long-term growth and profitability.
- Ensure the structure and capability is in place to deliver the business plan effectively and efficiently.
- Provide inspirational leadership and champion the values that the company lives by.
The appointee will have responsibility for defining The Company’s vision and strategies for both the US business, supporting service lines, growing key accounts and maintaining/building a high performing internal team.
Other specific objectives include:
- Build a portfolio of service offerings that are scalable, profitable and that truly create client value and pull
- Lead new service introductions
- Grow the business with profitable, organic initiatives
- Achieve agreed upon annual sales, profit and performance objectives
- Identify and build the necessary core internal capabilities to deliver those offerings
- Attract, lead and retain an effective team
Professional Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a proven entrepreneurial business leader with a track record of leading a service related business and driving the P&L, with verifiable goals achieved around growth, profit and organizational development in the technology/service sectors.
Specific requirements include:
- Entrepreneurial new business development experience
- Experience leading a high growth, innovative business with full P&L responsibility
- Track record of organic and acquisitive growth
- Strong understanding of market dynamics and client requirements in a technology environment
- Ability to identify and suggest service line expansions to circle the client in service and custom solutions
- Ability to expand penetration of services into additional clients – both corporate and law firms – through service line innovation, account management and/or account penetration
The appointee should be results oriented, hands-on and possess the ability to create a sense of mission and attentiveness to current and future client requirements.
- A strong commercial market orientation with commitment to client satisfaction
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfort with ambiguity, and able to manage risk and balance opportunity
- Strong communication, listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively lead, motivate and inspire teams
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity