Various roles ranging upto £70k
We have several clients currently looking for Web Developers. Ideal candidates will have solid experience in the full development life cycle, including requirement gathering, systems/business analysis and technical development. The roles are developing new and maintaining existing websites and Back Office systems.
Appointees will have strong experience of the .NET framework, n-tier development, SQL Server, C# and XML/XSLT/XHTML. Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, XP/Extreme programming, UML would be desirable, as would experience of classic ASP and Visual Basic
The successful applicants will have extensive experience of C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, WCF within highly transactional, high volume Ecommerce webs sites and organisations, have a passion for technology and pocess the ability to perform in highly dynamic and evolving environments.
- Working closely with the Marketing and Content teams in delivering new business initiatives for the web.
- Meeting targets for Continuous Improvement program for Usability and Accessibility.
- Development of SEO initiatives to improve position and Internet ranking.
- Design of new systems from the ground up.
- Development of new business web based initiatives.
- Development of call-centre applications.
- Development of new web services.
- Implementation of new technologies for web sites.
- Assist in the development of design standards and guidelines.
- Provide mentoring and assistance to more junior Team Members.
- Provide out of hours support after a suitable period of experience.
- Seek to expand business and technical knowledge.
- Provide out of hours support after a suitable period of experience as part of a 24/7 support rota.
- Provide out of hours seasonal and key event cover to support the business during key periods
- Provide 3rd tier support in the resolution of problems and queries arising from the call-centre or Operations teams.
Other advantageous criteria:
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise work in a dynamic environment.
- Proven experience in a professional development role.
- Demonstrable skills in ASP/ASP.NET (All Frameworks upto 4)
- Application development using SQLServer2005
- Must be competent developing with XML/XSLT/XHTML.
- Experience in C# .NET development
- Experience of requirements capture and documentation.
- Experience of a design methodology, such as UML.
- Excellent knowledge of testing methodologies, usability, coding, accessibility and web standards.
- Impressive E-commerce experience – Usability, Accessibility, W3C standards, SEO, Security (PCI DSS) and web analytics.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Design skills including Photoshop, HTML and CSS
- Proven track record in design of green field projects
- Experience in ASP and Visual Basic
- Experience of IBM WebSphere MQ Messaging.
- Application development using SQLServer 2008
- Agile/Scrum/TDD Development Methodolgies
- ASP.NET MVC