Brand Development Manager
Innovative Service Group
c£60-80,000 – FTC for 12 months, with high chance of permanent
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the country’s most innovative B2B/B2C business and consumer services groups in a high-profile appointment.
Almost 20 years after inception, they continue to lead their unique market place, delivering an invaluable service whilst working with their clients on a path of continuous improvement, placing them at the forefront of their industry since inception.
The strength of their business, and it’s offerings, has seen them not only survive and maintain ‘business as normal’ through the current Covid pandemic, but increase their reach and hunger for even greater development.
Differentiating themselves by remaining totally independent and providing bespoke solutions through numerous highly qualified and focussed teams to provide swift solutions and resolutions, whilst creating maximum value for their high-profile client & consumer bases underpinned by highly principled humility and passion for what they do.
Replicating that human-focus internally, they have created an upbeat, friendly, innovative, and fast-paced environment with, crucially, market-leading opportunity for advancement.
As the group continues to growth and diversify, so their external messaging becomes ever more important. A key element of that messaging becomes the brand identity.
That in turn has led the desire to fulfil a newly created management-level appointment as Brand Development Manager.
The Brand Development Manager will be a strategic role, working very closely with the Director of People and Purpose to review and develop the overall brand strategy that represents who they business is, what they stand for, their DNA and their personality; very much working from the “inside out” in the knowledge that brand starts from within and must engage all stakeholders on the journey, as well as a service/product.
The Brand Development Manager will be tasked with reviewing all brands, their core B2B service, their new start-up venture and ultimately the overreaching parent entity; all with a view to both B2B and B2C external audiences, as well internal. Understanding the ethos and personality of each business will be key, before understanding who their customers/stakeholders are and who else they wish to reach.
They will work with an agency partner (selecting the most appropriate partner in the process), to understand what the business wants to say, how they want to say it, how they want to be perceived, why they exist, how they operate, then understand what customers and consumers want to hear, understand who accesses their services, but also crucially, who doesn’t access their services but should.
The Brand Development Manager will work to develop a tone of ‘voice’ and universal brand toolkits. They will build and develop relationships across a diverse range of external stakeholders (agencies, customers, consumers, regulators) as well as internal stakeholders (regulatory team, public affairs, communications and operational functions who work on the front line), building and fostering positive working relationships and gaining buy-in across the spectrum.
They will work closely with PR and the Communications and Engagement Team to introduce the brand ethos, language, look and feel to all communication. They will furthermore work with them to understand brand KPIs, monitoring & reporting and ultimately drive positive performance and growth.
The Brand Development Manager is one of the strategic leaders of the business, providing creative and strategic thought-leadership, but someone who is also a ‘do-er’, who can think of the bigger picture and bigger message, not only prepared to roll up their sleeves to get the job done, but will actively enjoy doing so.
The successful candidate will demonstrably be a team player with a can-do attitude and the ability to work across all aspects of the business, delivering effective branding strategies in a fast-paced environment.
- Working closely with the SLT and Head of Communications & Engagement team
- Delivering creative assets that will drive and support the commercial ambitions of the business.
- Take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals and strategies to match up to the brand vision.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues.
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies
- Leading projects and pitches through from concept to creation, linking strategy, ideation and design.
- Ensure that all business strategies, proposals are supported by the highest possible creative standards.
- Manage multiple projects, deadlines and meetings.
- Work with the other teams to allocate resources and raise the quality, efficiency of the agency’s creative product.
- Development of Brand identity toolkit and ensuring brand continuity throughout the business
- Work with Communication & Engagement team to develop & monitor successful social media programme
- Input into PR strategy and key messaging
- Develop influencer and ambassador relationships where relevant
- Strong project management of brand marketing activity
- Championing the brand internally and externally
- Strong cross functional working, pivot for all brand activities
- Ongoing budget planning and spend control
- Key point of contact for all supporting agencies and partners
As with all appointments in this highly people-centric business, candidate profile and chemistry fit is critical, but never more so than for this for this pivotal internal and external branding role. Working within a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment, attitude is as important as experience. The person is everything. The Brand Development Manager is instrumental in adding to the tone, energy and culture for the business. The gravity of success is all about having the right attitude, underpinned with demonstrable experience.
Suitable candidates will already be high achieving, brand specialists. They will likely have held a number of roles in Branding, Design, Marketing, PR, Creative or similar, and possess a track record of personal success.
The appointee will possess a strong ethos in delivery through engagement, strategic planning, an innovative approach, informed collaborative insight, ideation and a ‘do’ not ‘think’ mindset.
They will be people, results and delivery oriented; hands-on and possess the ability to create a sense of mission and attentiveness to current and future requirements and challenges.
They should embrace, and be able to demonstrate the organisation’s Core Values:
Skills & Experience Required:
- Strong background in brand, design, PR and creative industry experience
- Experience within fast paced environment
- Experience within a B2B business, ideally with consumer facing exposure as well
- Expertise across brand, Social, campaign management and PR
- Proven track record of implementing and executing brand strategy
This represents a fantastic opportunity for a passionate branding expert to join this innovative, progressive business as it reaches a pivotal moment of its development ahead of exponential growth; a genuine opportunity to marry creativity with business understanding and acumen to create brand excellence. And have a lot of fun in the process.