Group Digital Marketing Manager
c£60-70,000 plus package
This is an outstanding, newly created opportunity to take the lead role in the Digital Marketing for a highly entrepreneurial, B2B Group of companies.
Recent growth has seen them edge closer to £100m turnover across multiple autonomous divisions; North-West based but with an international customer base. Part way through a commercially aggressive M&A strategy, complimenting group wide investment and organic growth, the business now seeks to increase their digital market presence with a Group-level appointment.
They are a well established, profitable, possess a very strong balance sheet and have a clear long-term growth & development strategy.
Technical strength and capability has long been the strength of all the Group’s divisions with approximately a third of their overall employees being in scientific and/or technical functions across multiple business units. They have furthermore developed a list of highly enviable and high-profile clients and possess a reputation for class-leading service-delivery, but their potential is so much greater.
The business is performing well but is focused on further cementing their division’s respective commercial performance, market position, and increasing their market share whilst re-investing in the businesses to further accelerate their growth and financial position. This appointment is a key element of that.
This is a fantastic time to join group, as they hit a pivotal time in their growth period. This new group appointee will be given a broadly blank sheet of paper, and a new team to lead, to design individual digital strategies for the four prime group companies.
They will be responsible for the digital message as well as driving customer engagement, acquisition, conversion and retention,across paid media and natural search, and in turn play a key role in the business’s development. The scope of the role covers all biddable media channels such as PPC, retargeting, paid social, programmatic display, as well as SEO and direct marketing campaigns, across the whole suite of online products. Some of these channels are already opened but still in the early stage with opportunity to grow, while some are not yet established. Therefore, this role provides a unique and exciting opportunity for the candidate to make a real, value-adding difference.
This role requires an in-depth understanding of B2B Digital Marketing and how to deploy each channel to the best effect to successfully engage and acquire. The successful candidate will bring proven experience and a successful track record in setting up and scaling these channels profitably, across differing markets and multiple platforms, utilising a data-driven but commercial approach.
As well as their own direct team, the Group Digital Marketing Manager will have a matrix structure above and below them. They will be responsible to the Group Board as well as having daily input to/from the divisional MDs and Sales Directors. The scope of this role is virtually limitless, entrepreneurial spirit and hunger is as desired as it is fostered. The appointee will be instrumental, through their digital marketing input, with developing market leading digital initiatives including website design, functionality, effectiveness and delivering the highest levels of service, all whilst operating in the most commercial and strategically ambitious manner possible.
- Create, validate, and execute digital marketing strategy across brands
- Collaborate with sales leaders to align sales and marketing strategy, processes, goals, and KPIs
- Lead a team of two digital content producers tasked with building effective content mapped to the customer buyer journey, and day-to-day management of websites and paid/organic social media channels
- Lead customer acquisition and retention across digital (organic/paid search, organic/paid social, display); provide support for traditional channels (live and virtual events, print) as necessary
- Monitor key digital marketing channels and continually optimise performance
- Measure content and CX performance to identify optimisation opportunities and drive greater customer acquisition and retention
- Design and implement new internal and external processes to deliver digital marketing and content strategy more efficiently and effectively
- Select and implement new technology to inform digital marketing strategy and aid execution
- Manage relationships with external creative and technical agencies
- Manage execution of marketing campaigns with strategic cross-functional teams
- Manage digital marketing performance reporting and measurement of KPIs, with periodic delivery of performance reviews and strategy updates to business and sales leaders
- Guide sales teams in social selling activities
- Ensure that digital marketing strategies meet business objectives; ensure that digital content and campaigns deliver on lead generation and revenue impact goals
- Ensure regular communication of digital marketing’s progress towards key success metrics to sales and business leaders
- Ensure digital marketing and content strategies are effectively communicated internally
- Ensure alignment of sales and marketing strategy, objectives, and activities
- Effectively manage and develop digital content producer team
- Passionate about B2B Marketing and the latest digital marketing channels and tactics
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong project/program management skills
- Effective at stakeholder management
- Ability to build strong working relationships with employees of all levels and third-party vendors
- Deadline driven and quality-focused, with the ability to maintain quality under pressure
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail
- Strong, demonstrable experience in CX / UX (user experience) design to improve sales conversion, customer acquisition and retention
- Strong analytical skills, with an aptitude for data-informed decision-making
- Experience deploying testing and conversion rate optimisation processes across all channels
- A proven track record in driving organic traffic through search engine optimisation
- Experience developing and executing content marketing strategies
- Forecasting and budget management
- A proven track record of recruiting, onboarding, mentoring, managing, and developing high-potential teams
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with web content management platforms (e.g., WordPress)
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with email / marketing automation tools
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with SEO keyword research tools
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with paid search platforms (Google Ads and Bing Ads) and paid social platforms (LinkedIn)
- Knowledge and proficiency with AB testing / conversion rate optimisation principles and tools
- Knowledge and proficiency with Google Analytics or similar web analytics platforms
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 Suite
- Familiarity and proficiency with CRM tools
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field; and / or a professional marketing qualification (e.g., CIM, IDM)
- 5+ years previous experience in B2B marketing, including digital marketing strategy creation and execution
- 2+ years previous experience in managing a marketing team
- Experience in the Industrial/Chemicals/Scientific/Plastics/Pharmaceuticals industries
- Experience in conversational marketing
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures that sit within the marketing department
- Has the skillset to manage more difficult assignments through to completion.
- Works with a high degree of autonomy and works proactively to achieve set KPI’s and objectives
- Has the responsibility and autonomy to work with external parties
- Has now built the required knowledge and toolkit required to execute their role from end to end. Seen as example to junior members of the team.
- Works cross functionally with interdependent teams to contribute to business requirements and procedures.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with line manager on unusual matters. Will manage the workloads and be assisted by Entry/Junior or Intermediate members of the team.
- Deals openly, honestly and transparently with issues and people and builds credibility with other areas of the business.
- Communicates clearly with teams, can balance multiple projects simultaneously and executes plans with pace to make things happen.
- Handles pressure and difficult situations calmly, maintaining sound judgement and not being knocked off balance but the unexpected.
- Cultivates an environment in which the team understand and works towards realising the business units objectives, aligns work processes, priorities and practices to achieve these goals.
- Strong commercial awareness – directs resources towards achieving business strategic growth objectives.
- Puts the customer at the centre of all decisions and has absolute clarity on who the customer is.
- Integrity & Trust
- Planning & Organising
- Resilience & Composure
- Leading & Managing
- Persuading & Influencing
- Business Acumen
The successful candidates will have B2B digital marketing exposure, ideally across different sectors, as well as a strong commercial, business and marketing background.
Cultural fit will be essential. This is a fast paced, highly energetic entrepreneurial environment where no two days are the same and ideas fill the air, constantly. The appointee will be self motivated, but will also be motivating to all around them, but you will be able to perform the role of calming influence, demonstrating methodical solution finding as well as strategic thinker. You will have a constant desire to make every idea, process and function better, more efficient and more effective both at a strategic level, but also delving into the minutia. You will crave the ability to constantly develop all aspects of the digital marketing offering.
You will have the hunger to be one of the best B2B Digital Marketing Leaders in the market, but equally possess the desire to see your career continue to develop – this business will give the platform, the tools and the opportunity to make it happen.
For further details, or to apply, please forward a CV with current remuneration package by email
Or complete the below: