Chief Executive Officer
£200-250,000 + Exec Package, STIP & LTIP
This is a career defining opportunity to join a high-growth, entrepreneurial Pharmaceutical group. Recent corporate activity has brought about a wide-ranging restructure, part of which is the appointment of a new CEO as the business continues its M&A strategy ahead of a potential exit in c5yrs. Recently enlarged through merger and significant investment, they possess an enviable reputation within their market with a client list to match, but are poised to climb to even greater heights with a $20m EBITDA their prime aspiration.
Approaching £50m turnover, this highly innovative business has a broad church of both products and target marketplaces underpinned with huge scientifically-led intellectual firepower. Quality of product and service is as central to their success as their commercial ability.
The appointee will take full responsibility for this highly respected business, with a sole reporting line upwards to the Group CEO. They will be granted a high degree of commercial and operational autonomy in the development and leadership of this business as it continues to make ever greater waves across the market.
The successful candidate will take commercial and operational responsibility for the business, all with the design, develop and implementation of a clear strategy to further grow and develop the business. With an effective commercial, sales and marketing function, ripe for development, a key focus will be on profitably expanding the value and volume of sales, this role will be critical to ensure the organisation has the firmest of foundations from which to drive future growth and ultimately, enterprise value.
- Commercial business leader, likely to be a proven MD/GM/COO, with dominant experience in the Pharmaceutical/CDMO sector
- Able to manage a business in a complex international market.
- Ability to design and take ownership of all aspects of the strategic vision for this complex CDMO business, as well as communicating, orchestrating and leading its delivery.
- A charismatic leader and coach who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Ability to manage risk, including design, engineering, manufacturing, tooling, health & safety and ensuring the efficiency of a integrated supply chain.
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations; able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues and strategy
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, commercial and operational performance and a strong sense of accountability.
- Critical analysis of data with the comfort to challenge.
- Results driven
- Commercial focus
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring
- Judgement and decision-making
- Forward thinking
- Ability to lead both technical and commercial teams
- Excellent people management skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure exemplary operational performance
- Must be able to travel internationally when required
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably degree educated.
- Preferable experience of the Pharmaceutical/CDMO sector(s) or closely complimentary industries
- Demonstrable success in leading a scientific function with a constant eye for continuous improvement. And the ability to lead process changes
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience.
For further information, please email email@example.com
Or complete the below: