£200-250,000 + Exec Package, STIP & LTIP
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a market leading Pharmaceutical CDMO & devices business. Recently enlarged through merger and significant investment, they possess an enviable reputation within their market with a client list to match, but are poised to climb to even greater heights with a $20m EBITDA their prime aspiration.
This recently expanded business has a clear focus on technical input and product innovation to develop all markets they exist within. Quality of product and service is at the core of the business.
Recent corporate developments and investment have left this group with outstanding capability and even greater opportunities as they face a 2-5 year phase of significant growth, with further investment and potential M&A activity, before building towards a potential IPO in a further 4-6yr timeframe.
With headcount approaching 150, a third of which sit within scientific functions, they remain small and lithe enough to steal a commercial advantage against larger competitors but still retain a huge technical advantage in product development.
Technical strength and capability has long been the strength of the business. They have developed a highly enviable client list with class-leading service-delivery, but their potential is so much greater.
The business is performing well, but is focused on further cementing their commercial performance market position and increasing their market share whilst re-investing in risk sharing partnerships to continue and accelerate their growth and financial position.
This desire to seize the opportunities presenting themselves through the investment and recent merger has led to the desire to recruit a strong, highly influential commercial leader into the role of Chief Operations Officer (and potentially CEO) bringing about even greater strategic leadership and operational skill as they further penetrate into their existing, and drive into new markets.
The appointee will take full responsibility for this highly respected business, with a sole reporting line upwards to the Group CEO. They will be granted a high degree of commercial and operational autonomy in the development and leadership of this business as it continues to make ever greater waves across the market.
The successful candidate will take commercial andoperational responsibility for the business, all with the design, develop and implementation of a clear strategy to further grow and develop the business. With an effective commercial, sales and marketing function, ripe for development, a key focus will be on profitably expanding the value and volume of sales, this role will be critical to ensure the organisation has the firmest of foundations from which to drive future growth and ultimately, enterprise value.
- Commercial business leader, likely to be a proven MD/GM/COO, with dominant experience in the Pharmaceutical/CDMO sector
- Able to manage a business in a complex international market.
- Ability to design and take ownership of all aspects of the strategic vision for this complex CDMO business, as well as communicating, orchestrating and leading its delivery.
- A charismatic leader and coach who clearly demonstrates an ability to empower and motivate a team.
- Ability to manage risk, including design, engineering, manufacturing, tooling, health & safety and ensuring the efficiency of a integrated supply chain.
- Exceptional skills in communication, motivation, and interpersonal relations; able to convey a message that is understandable and relevant, linking business issues and strategy
- Experience of operating at the highest level of professionalism and personal integrity
- The successful candidate will have a passion for continuous improvement, commercial and operational performance and a strong sense of accountability.
- Critical analysis of data with the comfort to challenge.
- Results driven
- Commercial focus
- Leadership capabilities
- Planning and monitoring
- Judgement and decision-making
- Forward thinking
- Ability to lead both technical and commercial teams
- Excellent people management skills
- Self motivated
- Ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and maintain accuracy at all times
- Ability to work independently and with the vision to ensure exemplary operational performance
- Must be able to travel internationally when required
Qualifications & Experience
- Preferably degree educated.
- Preferable experience of the Pharmaceutical/CDMO sector(s) or closely complimentary industries
- Demonstrable success in leading a scientific function with a constant eye for continuous improvement. And the ability to lead process changes
- Excellent communication and listening skills, both internally and externally and appreciation of cultural requirements
- Ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience.
Or complete the below: