Innovative Manufacturing Group
£flexible to attract future stars + attractive benefits, package, excellent bonus and outstanding prospects.
My client is a genuine market leading Manufacturing group. Awash with patented products, their success and commercial strategies are stories worthy of MBA case-studies. Continued growth within their still comparatively niche sector has led to the development of vertical and horizontal development strategies, both through direct market entry, and joint-venture.
That growth has led to the business now requiring a hungry, dynamic Financial Controller to join the expanding new management team who are embarking on a continuingly aggressive growth strategy.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Financial Controller will be primarily tasked with ensuring rigorous financial control and periodic management reporting across the business, driving through change where appropriate and providing stakeholders internally and externally with accurate, timely and relevant financial information.
They will demonstrate high energy levels and a genuine can-do attitude. They will be tasked with making a significant impact on the delivery of business’s Financial, Commercial and Operational Strategy through the provision of accurate and succinct business information, distilled in a format that becomes focused and suitable for an entrepreneurial management team, and CEO.
The appointee will be ACA/ACMA qualified (or equivalent), with experience of Management Reporting, ideally within an entrepreneurial environment. But more important will be their attitude, and their hunger. They will have had exposure to an innovation-rich, manufacturing environment, or similar.
Working closely with the Main Board, the successful candidate will be a confident communicator with excellent financial management/reporting AND people skills with demonstrable ability to engage and influence effectively at all levels.
This is likely to be your first Financial Controller appointment, but it will be immediately obvious why you have been appointed, and your credentials will instill immediate credibility with the Group Finance Director and Group’s management team.
The appointee will have obvious, sound technical skills and have demonstrated the practical application of these in their current and previous roles. They will also have experience of financial reporting to strict monthly deadlines within an SME/entrepreneurial environment.
- Production of timely, relevant and accurate financial reporting
- Oversee submission of statutory reporting requirements (Stats, Corp tax, PAYE, Vat, Company filing)
- Management, motivation and development of the accounts team, overseeing and ensuring quality output from each of the respective areas
- Ensure monthly sign off of payroll, expenses, DD tracker, purchase ledger payment runs
- Develop internal management reporting systems
- Develop internal control systems and processes to mitigate financial risks
- Production of annual budgets
- Divisional bonus target setting and performance
- Divisional performance monitoring and review
Key Performance Measures
- Ensure management, flash and weekly accounts are reported accurately and to deadline
- Statutory accounts are filed within 3 months of year-end and maintain all companies house compliances
- Ensure satisfactory tax compliance (PAYE, VAT and Corporation tax)
- Ensure consistent quality of output from accounts team
- Monthly deadlines for all types of payment are hit (ie bonuses, payroll, purchase ledger etc)
The appointee will be an impressive, and competent commercially motivated financial professional, well able to work and make decisions based on their own volition. They will have experienced the benefit of developing strong communications skills and will recognise that as a key aspect in the success of any management and leadership role.
They will be highly organised and a strong team player being both motivated and motivating. They will thrive on change and will relish the opportunity to join such a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to join a class leading business and take a dramatic career defining step in the career path to a main board position.
For further details, or to apply, please forward an up to date CV by email, detailing your currently salary package and notice period.
or complete the below form: