Logistics & Operations Director
£6-fig + Package & festive cheer
Outstanding opportunity to join a Global logistic organisation, internally renowned but still shrouded in mystery, largely due to their Manufacturing parent company and internationally famous owner.
This centuries old business still maintains a monopoly in their sector. Experiencing consistent growth year-on-year, in response to an ever-increasing customer base, their strategy is constant investment and evolution without losing sight of their core values.
Their huge product range is exclusively manufactured by their sister company, based in the same huge location as the Logistics Division, but with a truly global customer base. The company has enjoyed continued success in every year of operation, and despite an extremely short operating window, have attained 100% success rate.
Their logistics systems, which are all designed in house, are the envy of the logistics sector, their IP and delivery strategy being a closely guarded secret.
Recent growth has seen them pass their two-billionth customer, and has led to the requirement to recruit an Interim Logistics Director to oversee their forthcoming busy period.
The Operations & Logistics Director will report directly to the organisation’s overall leader, and internationally famous figurehead, universally accepted to be the absolute best in the business. They will play a critical leadership role in leading the logistics business whilst being the key executive responsible for the interaction with the production facility, overseeing it’s performance and ensuring perfect effectiveness as they reach their very short, peak trading season.
Critical impact areas are detailed below:
- Responsibility for ensuring the process and timings from design, to manufacture and subsequent delivery are well planned and managed to exceed customer expectation.
- Accountability for forging productive relationships with the factory and it’s immense workforce, devising a deliverable strategy to respond to continuous product expansion.
- Responsibility for the management of the full supply chain
- Accountable for, building confidence and trust that products are manufactured, shipped and delivered on time, before sunrise, and to budget.
- Optimisation of working capital ensuring deliveries are made to order on time with high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Building a high quality working relationship with key stakeholders including the owner, and his elite, diminutive workflow planners, including presenting board level information and reports suitable for an organisation that is the operational envy of the global market.
- Provide effective leadership to Operations, managing and growing a diverse team and creating a high performing team culture, promoting the singing of uplifting seasonal songs at every opportunity.
The appointee will have a successful track record across Operations and Supply Chain, crucially with experience of dealing within a truly global market and ideally with experience of the younger consumer within an ultimate customer focused environment. The ability to speak Finnish would be an advantage but not essential. You should be able to think strategically with the ability to deliver an intensive and ambitious delivery plan that will support the business in achieving its annual ambitions in a very short window of operations, whilst appreciating the “sleeves rolled up” nature of involvement that comes with a business of this size and workforce in striped tights.
You must demonstrate an excitement in life, business and global product delivery. You will believe.
- University degree in a business-related field of study or relevant experience
- 3+ years experience within a logistics leadership role
- Festive mindset; “Can do/Will do” attitude with desire to put on a pair of striped tights, pointy hat and get involved at grass roots level when necessary to get the job done
- Strong communication skills, especially singing
- Strong product wrapping skills a distinct advantage
- Strong desire to work in fun environment
- Proficient in all known Christmas Carols, willingness to harmonise an advantage.
- Unequivocal belief in Father Christmas
This is an excellent opportunity to join an already incredibly successful company and ensure its continued, supreme delivery.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org